Hair Thinning/Loss

Sweet_Pandora
Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
I noticed in April/May more hair than usual on the bathroom floor and chalked it up to the spring shed. Unfortunately it has not stopped.

My hair is already thin and fine and now I notice my part is a little wider and around my hairline I can see through the strands.

My husband had to clean the hair from the shower and bathroom sink drains twice in the past couple of months. In the past he did it about once a year!

It's hard enough battling the weight and fatigue now I am stressing about my hair. I see my acupuncturist tomorrow and hopefully she can help and I see my Naturopath Dr. in a couple of weeks.

Just needed to let it out!

Karen

Replies

• 61girl
    61girl Posts: 1 Member
    Me too...in the last year for sure. And thin fine hair is no help. I do little things like blow dry my hair which helps. I'd be interested in any suggestions too!
  • Celene67
    Celene67 Posts: 5 Member
    Same issue. My hair part is getting wider and it's making me paranoid. I can see my scalp and the individual hairs. If anyone finds a remedy let me know! It's bad enough with the flashes, and I look like my Mom now from the neck down, but losing my hair??? Ageing is not for the faint of heart.
  • aamundsoncpa
    aamundsoncpa Posts: 77 Member
    And why is there less hair on the top of my head, but more hair on my upper lip and chin?!?
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Celene67 wrote: »
    Ageing is not for the faint of heart.

I totally agree.

I have always had thin hair/thinning hair. A couple of years ago I had some health issues and the doctors put me on some medicines where the side effects were well known for causing hair loss. Throw menopause into the mix and it becomes extra challenging. After I started taking the meds, I sincerely thought I would be wearing a wig within a year. I asked to eliminate one med because the hair loss was so severe. I also take biotin since one of the meds is known to flush biotin out of the body. Oddly enough I worked with my hairdresser who cut my hair in a style that hides a lot of the hair loss. It has been the oddest experience. I was totally freaked out about how much hair I was losing and so self conscious and yet at the same time, I received more compliments about my hair than I had in forever. I would be completely dumbfounded when someone would tell me how great my hair looked. I owe so much to my hairdresser. At each visit, she goes out of her way to point out new growth to me which helps to keep me from getting stressed out.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    I so agree with the hair and having a great hair dresser. Why is there so much hair on every other part of my body but my head?
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    I so agree with the hair and having a great hair dresser. Why is there so much hair on every other part of my body but my head?

I switched hairdressers last summer, started using their products, and changed my hair color to one that does not require bleaching. I'm actually growing new hair now. Also started taking a daily multi-vitamin. Not sure which is working, or if it is a combination of all three.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    And why is there less hair on the top of my head, but more hair on my upper lip and chin?!?

Another lovely right of passage being a woman.

Karen
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Foods that Promote Hair Growth

Protein: Liver, brewer's yeast, fish, eggs, beans, cottage cheese, yogurt, and tofu.

Iron: Liver, whole grain cereals, dark green leafy vegetables, eggs, dates, and raisins.

B vitamins: Eggs, meat, and poultry.

Essential fatty acids: Walnuts, canola oil, fish, and soy.

Vitamin E: Avocados, nuts, seeds, and olive oil.

Sulfur: Meats, fish, nuts, legumes, and vegetables (especially onions).

from http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/hair-loss-treatments.htm