I may as well try to contibute, the topic of 5:2 fasting

Options
I'm sure we've all seen different types of fasting mentioned over in r/loseit. About two weeks ago I was doing some casual not serious googling for fasting and found something called 5:2 fasting. Instead of typical IF, intermittent fasting, where every day you should be following an eating window this fasting involves taking a few days of the week to eat little to even nothing on those days. From what I could tell this made headlines in the UK from a Dr. Michael Mosley. I'm in the US so I have never heard of him or seen whatever it was that aired on TV. The general jist is to spend 1, 2, or 3 nonconsequetive days a week eating 500 calories for ladies and 600 calories for men. Then eat whatever your normal is the rest of the week.

So I decided to challenge myself with this, staying around 600 calories for 2 days of the week. I still count calories the rest of my days. It's been two weeks but it has made a difference. For one, I don't always reach my calorie deficit goal. Being consistent is a weak point for me, but having the two days where I stretched myself to really stick to a plan and eat less made my overall average lower than it has been. Tracking my macros, especially so since I do Keto too, I got above the minimum protein I was aiming for when my week was averaged out. This has turned into a fun little challenge to do for myself. Also, I think this will help me in the long term when I get to maintenance. Conquering one day so completely with my appetite was nice.

Advocating low calorie plans is contraversal, I know. This is just a different take on occasionally challenging yourself. I liked it, so I wanted to share.