Delightful Flavors for: Water-Almond Milk-Coffee-Cream Cheese

Options
KETOGENICGURL
KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
I've mentioned I bought several Capella pure-no alcohol- no sweetener flavor bottles. I was using blueberry & raspberry in my protein shakes so I could reduce the fruit amount to <1/4 cup. works great.

Then I tried adding some "Sugar Cookie" flavor to my LC cream cheese 'cheesecake" recipe, and added "Chocolate Raspberry" to iced decaf coffee….(~OMG!~ now my favorite!)

it occurred to me I can really expand…added "Orance Creamsicle" flavor my almond milk. Add stevia/AS as desired.
Can also be done with ANY flavor I guess!
+++++++++++++++++++++++

AND I tried adding 1 tsp of instant Jello pudding 'banana cream' mix to a shake..ZOWIE…these have carageenan or guar gum..so it THICKENS your shake too if you chill it a bit. (I use spinach anyway to thicken..but for veggie free shakes/drinks, it works!) There is also Cheesecake and other pudding flavors, plus any dry gelatin flavors can be used in drinks too.
++++++++++++++++++
I didn't have to stay with just adding flavor to protein shakes..so now am having fun…adding flavor to heavy cream..then stirring in some blueberries…or added to full fat yogurt.
++++++++++++++++++++
At 6 months of LC this is a FUN way to keep engaged as I try something different to stay within the "top 25 foods" that most of us eat day in and out.

Check out the MANY flavors at www.netrition.com..they sell all sorts of LC food products..like the Miracle/Dukan NO calorie/NO carb noodles.

Capella flavors (prolly sold on lots of sites..not promoting any one store ) are 1 drop per oz..some flavors do better with LESS, some need more..to taste. For $3.26 a bottle you can have fun experimenting..get a friend to order flavors you didn't and swap.

Capella also has "Water Flavets" specific for adding to your drinking water.

Replies

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    They have a bacon flavor concentrate, and butter. I could see this being very dangerous.... ;)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Bacon tastes nothing like real bacon, or so I've been told by all those in the vape community, though maple with bacon and jalapeno they say is almost tolerable.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Bacon tastes nothing like real bacon, or so I've been told by all those in the vape community, though maple with bacon and jalapeno they say is almost tolerable.

Drat. ;)
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    But there is always the possitbility that our taste buds are more highly refined due to LCHF, so if it's cheap, it's worth a try! Btw, Capella's are not the highest quality out there...so worth searching around...
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    KOM-- why not tell us what you found that was higher quality? I'm sure everyone would rather learn the best price, quality etc without us ALL having to search over and over. Netrition.com has the Dukan miracle noodles..but their per unit and case price is not the best…so yes on many items it is worth looking at different once you discover a product...
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    KOM-- why not tell us what you found that was higher quality? I'm sure everyone would rather learn the best price, quality etc without us ALL having to search over and over. Netrition.com has the Dukan miracle noodles..but their per unit and case price is not the best…so yes on many items it is worth looking at different once you discover a product...

@Alliwan posted some great sugar-free essences/extracts a while back, but I don't think I saved it. Buying anything online right now is out of my bailiwick atm, and so I'm not big on all that. I know the Watkins line has some SF stuff, but I don't know quality there, but in general, their stuff is decent.

More so, I don't know which are the best, and my OH is more experienced in the vape world than in the food world, but I know Capella is one of the least expensive lines out there, and I've see much feedback on them being on the lower end of decency in flavor, additives, and dyes. My theory is that if it is carried regularly at Walmart, and not in a specialty section, it's probably not the best I can get my hands on.

Hopefully anyone else who has specific links will post them (I just dredged through my email and couldn't find the amazon link someone had sent me! Sorry...
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I did check with my OH on this, and he recommended two things:

www.bulkapothecary.com

and

The Flavor Apprentice extracts.

he has used both for cooking as well as other stuff. TFA is used regularly by professional chefs...