chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! That's awesome!
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    KeithF6250 wrote: »
    Hey Dan, where are you in MI? My son is in Hazlett. I get there a couple times a year. PM me if you wish.

Is that near Lansing? I'm north of Detroit in a suburb Rochester Hills.

It's the eastern edge of the Lansing metro area. Going west from his home is all city streets. To the east it becomes rural within a mile.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wow Dan!!!!

Congrats! I'm so happy for you, this is such an achievement!! You worked hard, stuck with it and it definitely paid off!! I'm still stuck in this plateau, making changes to my diet and exercise hoping for a change. I can't wait to get to 100lbs lost. You should definitely celebrate, you deserve it!!
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding, Dan? I would love to come! Road trip in September! I have never been to MI, would be kinda cool.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    What?! A party at Dan's? I'll bring the duck foie gras!
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Great job!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    I am so happy for you Dan. You must have stepped on and off the scale at least 4 times! I'm glad you took pictures of the numbers. I'm going to do that when I reach my goal. Your chart is impressive. minor blips but all downhill for a year. Congratulations on the new YOU!

^^this! Dan, serious congratulations!!! You have transformed yourself, and have done a terrific job documenting all the numbers along the way.

I wish I lived close enough to celebrate with you in person. Maybe we could all set a date/time to toast your success from afar.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a job well done Dan! You are such a huge inspiration to me.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

I fast every Thursday (skip a day of eating). On Thursday morning I weighed in and I was only 1/2 lb above what I weighed in on last Friday (my official weigh-in day). I was excited with that, because I usually lose anywhere between 1-6 lbs after my fast. Usually I gain several lbs back after the fast during the next week, then lose all that I gained and a couple extra pounds under the previous...

I think I have figured out the fasting thing. The key is not eating too much on the break fast day. Using my Ketonix, I notice that fasting will keep the ketone burning level very high for the following day, even though you have started eating again...

Been turning this idea over in my mind. I think I'm going to try it. Fasting within a day doesn't work for me cause I then overeat at night when I'm hungry. But maybe skipping a day will, and then going back slowly next day, eating every meal. Very interesting. How long have you been skipping Thursdays? Do you get headaches when you fast? @DittoDan
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

I fast every Thursday (skip a day of eating). On Thursday morning I weighed in and I was only 1/2 lb above what I weighed in on last Friday (my official weigh-in day). I was excited with that, because I usually lose anywhere between 1-6 lbs after my fast. Usually I gain several lbs back after the fast during the next week, then lose all that I gained and a couple extra pounds under the previous...

I think I have figured out the fasting thing. The key is not eating too much on the break fast day. Using my Ketonix, I notice that fasting will keep the ketone burning level very high for the following day, even though you have started eating again...

Been turning this idea over in my mind. I think I'm going to try it. Fasting within a day doesn't work for me cause I then overeat at night when I'm hungry. But maybe skipping a day will, and then going back slowly next day, eating every meal. Very interesting. How long have you been skipping Thursdays? Do you get headaches when you fast? @DittoDan

I have been skipping Thursdays now for a long time, too many to count. Its part of my routine. I eat on Friday, exercise on Saturday. My body absorbs water to heal my soreness from Saturday's workout and then it releases it on Wednesday through Friday. But I really pee a lot the night/morning hours of the fast. Then on my Friday weigh-in day, the water is gone (taking with it 2-6 lbs of fat).

I have got headaches, not necessarily fasting but in general, but they all stem from not drinking enough water (dehydration). I am bad about not drinking enough water. If I feel a small headache coming on, I drink two cups of water and the headache disappears.

Also, if I start to feel yucky during the fast, it is because I need salts. So I start licking salt and in a couple hours I feel normal again.

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / IF / DittoDan's E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    100 pounds down, 24 to go.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Love your story! Thank you for the inspiration. I hope to join the under 200 club within this week. That will only be 43 lbs lost but it sure feels good.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Dan,

This is awesome. I'm so glad that you've hit your goal marker before planned - and are making such great strides all around. Definitely something to be proud of. I doubt I'll be able to afford to come to Michigan from Oklahoma, but if those kids of yours in Dallas wanna stop through and pick me up, I might just make it. ;)

Regardless, I'll party with you in spirit... I cannot fast as long as you do due to lack of gallbladder and acid bowel complications, but you did inspire me to skip the bulletproof tea and just do water on the days my body and hunger would give it a chance, and honestly, I'm impressed by the difference I've felt from a straight water fast vs. other stuff... Such clarity and energy, etc.

Also, some other offline discussions we had inspired me to change up some other things and I'm looking forward to some new and different results... While we don't always see eye to eye on everything, it's always great to find an intellectual challenge on the way.

Congratulations on your monumental success,
    Carly
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! Way to go. And just a while ago you were cautious as to whether you be able to loose 100 in 1 year and you did it early! Booyah! Can't wait to join you on that mountain top! It can be done.

Good job in deed. I'm so glad you got to that goal and God willing you'll get to those other goals as well. (big ol' garage coming up!) And how much easier it will be to move around when you go to Shanhai! Isn't it amazing!

Well done. Very happy for you.
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This is the coolest news EVER!!! Wow. I hope to join you someday Dan!!!!
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing!!! Congratulations! Very impressive!