August 2-8, Day 1

Options
catladyksa
catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
I thought I would start this challenge as it is August 2 for two of us anyway! Not sure how to put the 'title' on this challenge.

So here are my goals for this mini challenge of 7 days:

1. Treadmill 5 days
2. Watch the 'mindfullness' video from Green Mountain Fox Run that we signed up for
3. No junk food this week
4. Try to have a protein shake for dinner 5 of the 7 nights to avoid eating unhealthy food before going to bed
5. Continue with no food after 6 pm!

I think these are doable for me!! So am willing to give it a shot!! How about everyone else!! Have a great day 1 challenge!!

Cheers,
Nancy

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling so off base at the moment and honestly I can't figure out what's off. I need to get back to basics more than anything so tomorrow will be my full reevaluation time. I think i'm going to watch that video too. see if I can reground myself. and happy birthday!!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I and happy birthday!!

Thanks for the wishes!! Hope you get back into 'basics'! I know the feeling!! But you can and you will!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I didn't really get back to basics, but I did try a new form of B12/B-Complex liquid vitamin, and wowsa...seems to be a winner. No caffeine so far and I'm fully awake and alert, even after sleeping poorly last night....

I need to watch some videos and do some reading when I get breaks today... But it's nice that some of the junk cravings dissipated almost instantly with the sublingual vitamin this am... Let's see if it sticks.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies and gents!!! I signed in yesterday to keep my streak going, but got so lazy.... didn't do a darn thing.

Nancy, I hope your birthday was amazing for you.

Carly, good luck with getting back to basics. I know the feeling. Big hugs to you!!

My goals for this 7 day challenge are:
    1. keep carbs to 50 net grams or less.
    2. get to one Zumba class at my gym to see if I like it or not.
    3. 6-20oz bottles of fluid a day
    4. plan some **me time** to make up a workout schedule.

Check back later!!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    So, I guess I"ll post my goals here:

1) Get back to basics. Read. Research. Reevaluate. Change at least one thing I'm currently doing.
    2) Stick with water goals.
    3) Share a laugh with at least one person daily.
    4) (This actually accomplishes #1, though I'ma keep going on that, too) - Get back to portion control on my planned treats. I switched to a particular one due to ease of making a serving whenever whim struck, but I've noticed that the size keeps creeping, though sometimes it is shared, and sometimes it's not.
    5) Play mad scientist - currently experimenting to see what sweeteners/quantity trigger more hunger, sleepies, etc.
    6) Figure out if I can add my tea back into my day - if not, determine where I can add the coconut oil back in - even in small doses, because I'm really loving the built in sunscreen.
    7) Accept that most of these goals span the month, not a week, so we shall just see how it all goes...
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Great Goals ladies!!!