Weekend eaters support

Options
13»

Replies

• WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Weekend #2 is on the horizon. I will have house guests from Saturday until Tuesday and a pool party on Sunday afternoon. I have a run scheduled for tomorrow morning and 16k on Sunday morning..so there's some exercise. I'm going to do some research to find a good restaurant for Saturday evening, but at the moment, i can't think of what kind of cuisine would be most accommodating Any suggestions? And on Sunday, i'll make a point of keeping a glass of water in my hand. I'll be out of the house on Saturday with a series of appointments so i'll pack healthy snacks and my refillable water bottle. All in all, i think i'll be able to manage. It helps to have thought it through and written it down here.
    What are your weekend plans? Any obstacles and ways that we can help?
  • jjacks1986
    jjacks1986 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Not really thought about the weekend yet as we have not really made plans. well, Sunday will be a country fayre so will pack a portion of trusted couscous salad again with some chicken so I will not be tempted by burgers and pies. Saturday will be cleaning and meal plan writing and shopping so will be and home and healthy snacks are at hand. :)
    also, bootcamp on saturday :)

have a wonderful weekend everybody!
  • WicklowWanderer
    WicklowWanderer Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have a night out with friends tomorrow night which is mostly a drinking affair, rather than eating, but I'm not really up for it. Not in the mood plus I'm feeling guilty ahead of time by the calories I'll be consuming in the form of useless booze, even if I do manage to limit it to 3 or 4 G & T's. I'm planning my homemade chorizo-pizza-on-a-tortilla-wrap-crust tonight as my Friday treat. I've got them down to a fine art now, about 400 - 450 cals.
  • mommyknits
    mommyknits Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Weekends are challenging. Tonight and tomorrow should be okay. On Sunday we are heading out for a day in town as we're dropping my parents off to go on their 50th wedding anniversary Alaska cruise. I'm sure at least one meal will be in a restaurant and potentially one fast food. We'll have to see how it goes. I'm hoping we decide on a light lunch downtown and then a dinner at home. Maybe I should put a healthy meal in the crockpot for dinner so we have something to come home to. Now that's an idea. :-))
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    WWnot wrote: »
    mmebouchon - i can't believe that you actually tried to get through the day without coffee!!! My head would explode. :smile: [/quote

Yup pretty much did.
  • SarahJurina
    SarahJurina Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was thinking today was Friday, but it's Saturday. I wanted to participate this weekend in the challenge. So far, I did well last night. I went to the store and was busy until bedtime. Today I am at work and packed a bunch of healthy food (from said store visit). I plan to go to bed at a good time again tonight so that teaching Sunday school tomorrow and swimming all afternoon doesn't kill me for Monday.

What is everyone else doing this weekend?
  • SarahJurina
    SarahJurina Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    mommyknits wrote: »
    Maybe I should put a healthy meal in the crockpot for dinner so we have something to come home to. Now that's an idea. :-))

That's an amazing idea! I need to get back to crockpot dinners. Half of what kills me each evening is having to cook dinner when I have been playing with the kids all day. It's really like torture in my opinion.
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I forgot to log creamer for coffee....ever. Did it today, 124 calories. Wow, no wonder I hit a plateau!

If you buy the sugar free version, you can save yourself quite a few calories, especially if you have 3-4 cups like I do.

• mommyknits
    mommyknits Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Weekend challenge............ It's my parents' 50th wedding anniversary today. We're stopping by this evening.... Mom will probably have baking and coffee out. I can manage that.... but Sunday is a big Sunday brunch... that will be hard.
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    mommyknits wrote: »
    Maybe I should put a healthy meal in the crockpot for dinner so we have something to come home to. Now that's an idea. :-))

That's an amazing idea! I need to get back to crockpot dinners. Half of what kills me each evening is having to cook dinner when I have been playing with the kids all day. It's really like torture in my opinion.

Get your kids involved in cooking with you. Make them your sous chefs. Teaching them how to prepare healthy meals helps them to eat that way when they are adults. My kids always enjoyed being able to get in there and try out herbs and spices. It sparked their creativity. I love to see them post meals on the internet that they have made. They are both grown adults in their 20's.