New!

Options
whisperingfairy7
whisperingfairy7 Posts: 14 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
I am 45. Married with 4 children; ages 24, 14, 7 and 5. I have tried many! weight loss programs, diets and fads. All I've done is gain more weight. I struggled with anorexia early in life and continue to struggle with finding moderation still.

I would love to connect with others that can relate or someone interested in just being a mentor.

Also, I just started using a misfit if anyone is looking to make a connection.

~Shannon

Replies

• Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Welcome to our group, you'll find the support you need in here!
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. The best advice I've heard is to look at it as right sizing your portions, not as a diet. A diet is inherently something you stop following when you're done, but you want to eat the right portion sizes the rest of your life.

There's a motivation and support thread, as well as a weight loss "challenge" thread that both offer accountability to the others in the group, and support from others going through the same process with you. If nothing else lurking in the forums can help with motivation as well.

I try to find ways to make the process of losing weight fun; try on clothes from the past that I didn't fit in when I started, try on clothes that fit when I started (now not so much), dress up on the weekends, push myself to go further when run/walking or biking, see if I can estimate what I should have lost vs what I did lose for a week/month, etc. If it's not somewhat fun or engaging then it's harder to maintain a constant deficit, and when you're done (if you're like me the last time I lost weight) you'll not maintain your newly formed habits.

But anyway, welcome to the group.
  • keyo11
    keyo11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I try to find ways to make the process of losing weight fun; try on clothes from the past that I didn't fit in when I started, try on clothes that fit when I started (now not so much), dress up on the weekends, push myself to go further when run/walking or biking, see if I can estimate what I should have lost vs what I did lose for a week/month, etc. If it's not somewhat fun or engaging then it's harder to maintain a constant deficit, and when you're done (if you're like me the last time I lost weight) you'll not maintain your newly formed habits.

This is me exactly.

I even have to enjoy the workout or I know I won't do it. So my workout is dancing. I love dancing and good music keeps me moving. I'd be happy to share my playlist if anyone wants it. :)