Bodyweight / calisthenics

Options
earthnut
earthnut Posts: 216 Member
I'm beginning a bodyweight program, based on startbodyweight.com and some stuff from convict conditioning. Anyone else doing bodyweight?

Here is what I'm doing:
I'm jogging to a playground and then doing calisthenics there.
day 1: pull-up, push-up, row progressions
day 2: bridge, leg lift, squat progressions (want to strengthen my back particularly)
progressing at 3 sets of 8 reps

Replies

• silvinalanusse
    silvinalanusse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to do something like this too
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

That's a nice workout routine you have there.

I do a variety of different workouts, but I enjoy brisk walking/jogging intervals for 3 - 5 miles, followed by about 20 mins. of body weight work in the park/trail/track about 5 days a week.

While I generally freestyle and don't follow a plan, I do things like walking lunges, plyo squats, air squats, planks, burpees, military push-ups, vertical chair knee raise (for the lower abs), pull ups on the goal post, one leg tricep dips on a bench or bleachers etc.

I do try to focus on either upper or lower body exercises per each workout. I feel so amazing when I'm done and I love the results it gives me.

Good luck with your new workout routine!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I live near a playground and have used some of these to get some extra activity into my day:
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-ultimate-playground-workout/
  • earthnut
    Options
    I live near a playground and have used some of these to get some extra activity into my day:
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-ultimate-playground-workout/
    Those look great! I'll have to work up to a few of them. I like the idea of jogging to a playground with my daughter and then she can play while i work out! Yesterday i jogged to 4 parks and none of them had any playground equipment though. I should email the city about that. You think they could put in some simple equipment at just one of them. :# There's a school in the other direction that i could go to thankfully.
  • earthnut
    Options
    I did 3 sets of 8 deep squats today. First time in years with heels on the ground. Didn't take too long either; less than 2 weeks from assisted half squats.