Like Minded Lushes - August 2015

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
Happy August lushes!! The summer is flying by and we'll continue to enjoy the outdoor, which of course means grilling and cocktails. :drinker:

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    Figured I'd start a new month since it's already the 3rd. What the hell happened to July??
    The shot has seemed to help my shoulder some. I am now able to lift my arm to dress myself as well as wash/brush my hair without having too much pain. Hopefully the PT will help even more, although I've been forewarned it's going to be quite painful as they will have to manipulate through all the hardened scar tissue to regain full motion. The good news is a full recovery happens in about 90% of cases. Not so good news is that it can take up to a year. I'm planning on breaking all records and am determined to recover by the end of this year.
    had a good weekend and even managed a 0 yesterday.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    You go Sydney!!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sydney. Epic FAIL on my part. I just refused to turn on my computer this weekend and this morning at work was a nightmare.

It was warm here. To warm for me to fall asleep last night. I have to work 3 9.5hour days MTW of this week and next. I will be beat when I get home. I hope you all had a great weekend. And here's to hoping you have a good week.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Glad your shoulder is feeling better Sydney.

So I didn't get hammered this weekend, but I just drank consistently all weekend. So I was way over on my goal and I hope to do better this week. Again, we just had a lot of social engagements last week. I'm shooting for a 0 tonight and tomorrow and may drink some wine Wednesday since Eric is going to a beer dinner. I haven't watched binge watched Parenthood and drank in a while. Sounds nice.....
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    sg2g0ryzcmsm.jpg

Brody Michael has arrived we are both doing great and mommy is looking forward to a nice cold beer on the deck
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Awww Chloe!!!!!!!!!! He is so sweet!! Congratulations! I am so happy to hear you are all doing well :kissing_heart:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0....tis the plan. Lenny is working overtime tonight and tomorrow and I am hoping to start getting some laundry and some packing done for our mini vacay. This usually requires a cocktail or two, but we shall see!!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Congrats Chloe! He's precious. Get yourself a beer!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - the plan is a 0. But I'm grilling so.....

BTW, I have been drinking Skyy Peach and like it. It's infused so not as sweet as some of the flavored vodkas.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Congrats Chloe, you did good and you definitely deserve a beer or four. Welcome Brody!

4 vodka's last night. Dinner with family at a nice restaurant. Kind of a big gathering of 30 people. Wine will definitely be involved.

Have a great day all.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Chloe! He is so adorable!!!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Congratulations Chloe...welcome Brody!! And welcome back to the lush thread, Chloe...enjoy those beers! :drinker:
    I had 2 glasses of wine. Maybe something similar tonight? Dealing with my stubborn 92 year old MIL who doesn't want to give up driving despite having a driver that will take her anywhere she needs. I'd love to have a driver!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    It was a great dinner last night. The salmon was awesome. 1Chardonnay, 2 Sauvignon Blanc, 1 merlot, and 1champagne to toast with. I am feeling it this morning. Too much food. Have a great day lushes.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I had one vodka drink last night. Not bad.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Cloe!
    Good job on the zeros guys!
    Nothing much new for me. Our French Bulldog has an eye infection so we are treated to entertainment as she navigates the house wearing "the cone".
  • kblue2007
    Options
    HA...poor puppy :laugh:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-.....ready for this ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wednesday-I really should go for a zero....SHOULD....
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Congrats Chloe!!!!!! Enjoy your beer :drinker:

I've been so sore from legs and back that I can barely walk so I've postponed workouts this week to give my muscles time to recover.

Outside of that I've just been lushing along!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well, lushes, I haven't checked in for a bit, had 32 new posts to catch up!
    We had to put Skeeter kitty to sleep on Sunday. Was so hard, I had seen her born in my friend's closet and she was 14 in March, and has seen me through a lot. :'(
    I have been drinking most days, but had a 0 on Monday.
    I might be able to get a 0 tonight and but the rest of the week is not going to happen.
    Our anniversary is Friday and we are going to Winter Park for the brewfest Saturday.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Being home for 2 weeks has allowed me to drop some lbs. I'm the lowest I've been in a while and hope to drop a few more before taking off again later this month.
    The cortisone shot has also helped. (Ashley...I recommend it if your husband is suffering.) The pain has been reduced by over 50% which allows for me to sleep decently, work out and not feel totally exhausted at the end of the day from constantly fighting it. I still have quite a bit of movement restriction but the pain I have now is bearable. I'm excited to start therapy....I feel hopeful instead of exhausted and helpless. :)
  • rjadams
    Options
    I am so sorry for you loss Amy. I hope you have a great anniversary.
    Sydney I am glad you are feeling better with the shoulder and good job on the weight loss
    Sorry you are so sore Kat.
    Gary I love watching dogs figure out how to do things when they have the "cone of shame" on.
    Kate and Bridget you guys are killing the zeros. Great job.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Awww Amy. So sad. :'( I'm sorry
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hubs just finished 2 weeks of holidays,, so of course, all we did was sit by the pool in the bad humidex and drink and eat, we did daiquiri day, margarita day, Caesar day, blue lagoon day, pina colada day, sinagapore sling day,,,, on and on.... off the booze......