Like Minded Lushes - August 2015

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    A LOT of beers...love it Zip!!!!!

3 beers last night. I will probably have a cocktail or two tonight as I pack for our mini vacay!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I had a ginger beer and a cocktail last night. Eric went out for drinks with his co-worker to talk about buying into the company and didn't get home till after 10 so I decided I should drink too. My cocktail was gin with pomegranate soda and it wasn't great. I forget I don't really like gin. I was still under cals soo......

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Gin is oooky.

I had a glass of wine. Probably another tonight. I'm already on holiday mentally. I bet you are too Kate!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I do not do gin. I can't stand it. It's about the only thing I will turn my nose up to (well, that, and Jagermeister) Sweet Tea Vodka and lemonade yesterday. Not a lot, but it is so good. Happy Tuesday all.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Woof, August has been a little rough, first week I could barely walk due to being so sore, last week I had a pretty bad cold and this week Aunt Flo is in town :noway:

Oh well, I'm going to enjoy the last few weeks of Summer. Think I'll get back on the bike tomorrow and pick back up with the P90X next week.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 2
    Tuesday - a beer at dinner before the baseball game. No beers at the game. I did eat some of Daphne's snow cone.
    Wednesday - 2 ginger beers, a (rather weak) cocktail in the hot tub, a stronger cocktail in bed while watching Big Brother.

Not sure about tonight. It's gorgeous here today so I'm sure I'll have something. Maybe grab a bottle of wine since I am out of vodka and beer. I'm going running at lunch. It's getting into the high 50s tonight!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Ashley, do you have a favorite on Big Brother?

I've moderated this week but that's all about to end. I've maintained the recent weight loss which I'm sure is about to end as well. My long weekend staycation starts now! Back Monday night. :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    SoCalWoman wrote: »
    Ashley, do you have a favorite on Big Brother?

I used to like Vanessa, but she gets on my nerves now. I like Johnny Mac and James the best I guess. I like Steve too though I think. I can't decide if he's really really weird or really really smart. I love that show even though it monopolizes my TV time.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Vanessa's paranoia gets the best of her...I agree. She needs to ease up on the ADHD drugs :/
    I hope Jmac steps his game up.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I agree! And I don't like the twins.

I told Eric last night I want to go on Big Brother only to see what I would do if I were trapped inside a house for that long with NOTHING to do. I think I would sun and work out a lot. And probably cook all the time. Although by the looks of the house every year, I'd probably have to do a lot of cleaning.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I thought Trainwreck was pretty funny too.
    I have been drinking all week but staying within cals for the most part, last night we went out, and I split a bottle of white and then had two beers so I am feeling a little rough today.
    Monday=2 glasses of wine
    Tuesday=2 glasses of wine
    Wednesday=1/2 bottle of wine, 2 beers
    Tonight I leave for Vegas, gonna try not to get alcohol poisoning :p>:)o:)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Have fun Amy!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Oops.

Thursday - 7: wine and a cocktail

I'm sleepy. We're having 6 of Eric's siblings over tonight for dinner. I'm going to try to stick to beer.
  • rjadams
    Options
    good morning lushes. It was a moderate weekend. So on the BB17 front I really like JMAC but I am worried. I don't get how Vanessa gets away with what she gets away with.

I made fresh marinara sauce yesterday from the abundance of tomatoes our one plant has. we still have about 30 tomatoes on the damn thing. So pasta and red wine tonight for sure.
  • kblue2007
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! Back form mini vacation and it was super fun!!!
    Concert in Rehoboth Beach, DE wednesday=Dogfish head beers and liquor, some red bulls and vodka, some vodka tonics. It was a great night!!!
    Thursday-we took the ferry over to Cape May. Met up with some family and went to the Cape May Brewing Company, then more beers back at the house and and some vodka tonics.
    Friday-we went fishing in the afternoon=beers on the boat, then more beers and liquor. We were in bed super early.
    Saturday-we spent the day at the beach...think there was about 40 of us, including the kiddies. It was super fun and super lushy!! Back at the house we continued but got back to bed at a decent time.
    Headed home yesterday, did laundry, unpacked, and drank some vodka.
    Think I'll take a break tonight :bigsmile:
    Already looking forward to our next mini vacation next week for my bday!!!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Up a couple pounds from entertaining family this weekend and a party at my brother's house. This week looks free of social obligations so should be able to stick to "the plan" and get those pesky lbs off. Looks like everyone else is enjoying summer and mini vacations. Love the upbeat nature of you guys!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0....even though we have our niece and nephew at the house and, boy, do they make me wanna drink, with the screeching and fighting :grumble: But we love them and it is nice to spend time with them, but...:wink:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Kate your mini vacation sounds awesome
    Gary hang in there. You can get those pesky little buggers off.
    I made an amazing pasta last night with my home made sauce. Lots of vegies and some Italian sausage over rotini. The fresh tomato sauce really made the dish soooo good. So naturally I had some Italian wine. I am not sure what it was but it was very tasty.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Thanks Robin! Your pasta sauce sounds amazing!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing well...wrapping up their summers!!

I'm back from our mini vacay and I'm not going anywhere near a scale. We had a great time!! We're home until Labor Day when we take off again so I'll work on dropping the pounds...only to probably put them back on our next trip. :drinker:
    Monday-0
    shooting for more 0's this week. Right now I have no desire to drink!