RNY in 2006

Options
Hey everybody, I'm new here. I had RNY gastric bypass surgery in 2006 and lost 120 lbs. It was the best decision of my life. However, since about 1 year post op, the weight has slowly crept back on. I was exercising a lot, training for half marathons, and I was so hungry but felt I could eat and drink anything. Well, now I'm up 50 lbs and even though I'm not back where I started before surgery, it sure feels that way. I really like this app. So far, it's working for me. And I'm especially glad to find a community of fellow WLS advocates here!

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Just track everything, and keep moving. Maybe contact your nutritional therapist from the surgical office. They are there for you.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Get back to the basics, protein, water, and portion control. Use MFP caloric goals and you can regain control. See if your WLS program has a support group and start attending. Mine has a specific relapse prevention session each month. I haven't attended that one, but likely will start as I get deeper into maintenance.

You can do it!
  • shrinkingkathy
    shrinkingkathy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I am very optimistic that I can get back where I was.