Nausea at dinner time

Options
anbrdr
anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
So I'm currently 4 weeks out from surgery. I've been doing fine with food until recently. The last few days, once it gets toward the evening I start feeling full and a bit of nausea. It's hard to finish my after workout protein shake, and I'm only able to get in about half of my dinner before I have to stop. No vomiting yet, just an uneasy, heavy feeling in the gut.

Anyone else experienced this? I do have some nausea meds from the hospital, so maybe I'll take one and see if it helps. Weird that it only happens in the evening...

Replies

• inkdm0m
    inkdm0m Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I get weird in the evening time too, I eat a small amount and need to sit and digest for a bit...get some nausea too. I think it's normal, I'm only 3 weeks out myself...every day it gets better
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    The heavy feeling in your gut is probably it telling you you're full. This close post-surgery, you will not be able to eat that much.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Exercise might be messing with your body (in a good way). You may not be ready for an after workout protein shake and then dinner. Listen to your body and don't rush back into your 'normal' exercise routine. You may still be worn out in the evenings, and your body is letting you know.

Rob
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. Some days around 4-5p, my stomach says "I'm done" and eating anything else is going to be dang near impossible. I've started making lunch and my afternoon snack the focus of my eating day. If I can eat dinner, great. If I can't, I can get the rest of my protein with some sips of a shake over a few hours.

Don't push it. If you're done before dinner, then plan your food day and just be done. Listen to your tummy.
  • anbrdr
    Options
    I'm calling the doc's tomorrow. Hoping this is not a stricture. Curious that it only happens in the pm. I can't even drink water without it coming back up. Something is not right.
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    I'm calling the doc's tomorrow. Hoping this is not a stricture. Curious that it only happens in the pm. I can't even drink water without it coming back up. Something is not right.

Let us know how it goes!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Hope it's just a phase.
  • anbrdr
    Options
    He thinks it's a fluke thing that I just need to keep an eye on. Not getting enough fiber, so it could be some constipation causing a lot of the cramps. At least I've been able to keep food down today. So that's nice.
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Miralax!!!