I'm pissed off a lot these days

Options
thickerella
thickerella Posts: 154 Member
Sometimes it's because I am so fat, and sometimes it's because I want to eat the foods that will keep me fat rather than the healthy things that will help me lose weight. Either way, I'm rather grumpy about the whole thing. I don't feel motivational, inspirational, or particularly helpful. I could use more friends to help keep me on track, but I certainly am not going to talk to my RL friends, since NONE of them are over 250, much less 350. Also, if my 170lb boyfriend complains about his weight again, I might be forced to stab him.

/rant

Replies

• projectxreborn
    Options
    Ugh...I hear ya! If it is any clue for you, my kid calls me Oscar. As in the grouch. What gets me mad
    is my continual "Oh, well, I can just rebegin tomorrow...when that tomorrow never comes. I get
    angry over the fact that with all the stress in my life I can't control my stress eating when so many
    others can. I have lost 100 lbs before so why is it so difficult to do it this time? I know what to do
    but I am just not. Two months ago I was 2 lbs away from a big deal goal for me...I am now 22
    pounds away from that goal. Isn't that sickening? I have faith in others that they can do it
    but I have lost all faith in myself which makes me the grouchiest of all.
    My hubby says it is not fair to say that it is not as hard for him to lose weight as it is for me
    because he says it is still a mind battle, even though he weighs less... I mean, come on...
    he has to lose70 at most and I have to lose 180. It cannot possibly be the same
    battle. Feel free to add me if you want. My highest weight was 371, so I am down almost
    fifty pounds (though it was nearly 70 two months ago. :( I don't feel motivated right now
    either so maybe we can help eachother. I have another friend just recently who is in
    the same boat. We have begun to weigh in every Saturday. If you'd like to join in,
    let me know. More the merrier. :)
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I hear ya about he last few days. I've eaten out more then I would in a typical month and my food's been all out of whack due to the person I look after's family being in town and staying with us. I also lost 3-4 workout sessions and yesterday by the time I did manage to get to the gym I was ready to tear heads off.

Loosing weight isn't easy and some people won't understand that throwing us off our routine is huge as we rely on routines and focusing on our goals so much to help keep us motivated and focused. When one thing slips, often we have tons of things slip.

Keep with it and know that there are people here willing to help support you and keep you on track. I'm always happy to have more friends and try to do my best to keep people motivated.
  • thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Dude, I totally feel you about getting close to a goal and then blowing it. I did that last year and I am pissed as hell. I was SO CLOSE to getting under 300 and now I am 350. I hate having to back track. AGAIN.
  • shamilton1984
    Options
    Ladies we are all living identical lives! lol At least on the anger and lack of motivation... I was doing so well and now I am getting back into old habits. I find myself justifying this snack or that large meal or whatever I feel like shoving in my face at that particular moment. I was seeing inches falling off, pounds falling off the scale and now I'm starting to creep up :( Any of you have suggestions how we can get out of this funk?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Go through the same feelings. It's a constant battle...sigh
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have been a member of this group my whole life. I get it! I lost count of all the different crazy (or healthy) diets I have tried. Like you pointed out, I do not do well with being on any sort of strict food plan.

I finally found something that is working for me - and as it happens, I made a blog post about it just this morning - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Joanitude/view/the-kobayashi-maru-diet-plan-545607. It has been a lot slower than other things I have done in the past, but that is balanced out by being impossible to 'fall off' the plan - I either do it, or not<period>
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I guess I have been lucky so far that I haven't been having feelings of anger. I find with the change in my diet (I still eat pizza, etc if I want it and it fits in my calories just a lot less now) and the consistent 6 days a week of exercise I'm a lot happier. It's been 3 months but maybe I just haven't hit the burn out stage yet?
  • orygunred
    orygunred Posts: 20
    Options
    It IS a battle, isn't it. If ranting helps (it helps me!) then keep doing it. There are no pat answers. I always say that the "job" isn't to loose the weight. The "job" is to do the healthy food management and exercise. The weight loss is an intended side effect. If we keep doing the JOB, we will reap the benefits of the side effect. The JOB is a hard one!
  • hollyann31
    hollyann31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    im in agreeance with ya except for the anger part..Ive been very lucky to not have those feelings anymore...I try to look at everything from a positive point of view and if I eat something I shouldnt I tell myself to get back on track for my next meal or the next morning..Ive learned its alot easier being that way vs beating myself up over what Ive already eaten