Options
maoribadger
maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
Hey all hope you are all OK. Have been lurking a bit

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Noticed, honey. Hope you're well. I'd send you a long, loving message, but I know that's harder on you when you're ...lurking. Hugs and love, Lise. <3, Carly
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hugs Lise. Hope all is geting beter for you. Miss your post!
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Thanks for not posting the long message I appreciate the sentiment though.

Well I'm not entirely sure whats going on right atm. I am having another bout of super stupid tiredness. Its been going on 1-2 years now. Im almost always exhausted anyway but I have bouts where it gets way worse and I can barely make it through the day which is where I am at at the moment. It usually ties in with really achy joints esp lower body. Atm my ankles are so sore walking down the stairs is a huge problem. If i dont hang onto the rails i think i would fall down the stairs and i have to take them one step at a time really slow.

Ive been to my gp but keep getting brushed off with a)you work nights or b)its depression. It does really get me down but I dont think its either of those things though, i think it makes me down being tired rather than the other way around. Atm feeling tired and fed up I am struggling with motivation, i end up spending hours in inactivity. Ive been trying to keep myself busy taking kids out every day to things and not cut off contact with people too much as i know how easy it is to spiral and ive not been totally successful - ive been managing good with kids they have done plenty this week but ive not talked to friends or posted on here in a week or so. I also made myself read a book yesterday and was surprised how difficult it was to read 30 pages. Pre depression i could have done that in five minutes. Sorry to mention this if it makes anyone uncomfortable but im also really triggery atm - contemplating self harm. Ive managed to stay not doing it and am at 90 days now but omg its so hard right now.

So I dont know what to do. I dont think the tiredness is being properly addressed and contributes to my poor frame of mind. I also dont think my tablets properly control my symptoms either and keep thinking i should stop taking them completely as they are pointless...but i also know I think that when im down and maybe its a poor idea as last time i did it i nose dived. Ive also not eaten right for a week, logged or gone to the gym in 8 days til i forced myself to yesterday

Sorry for long post and i hope it makes sense as its taken me 20 mins to try and put it together. In meantime though ive developed a purple mohawk and I set a new pb at the gym yesterday - 255kg/561lb/40 stone on the leg press machine for 2 reps

3btsz5y369tu.jpg

• carimiller7391
    Options
    Lise, so sorry you are feeling tired. Could it be your B12 or D? I know when mine gets low, everything becomes hard and I become miserable. Just a thought. Are you comfortable with your GP? Or is it time to find a new one?? I've fired health care providers for less. Although, one thing I'm learning from the LCHF group.... most American Docs don't know much. It feels like they are in the pockets of the big pharmacutical companies. On another note.... WOW, you are a powerhouse. 561lbs leg press is absolutely amazing. I think my knees would break. Keep up the awesome work with the kidos and know we are here for you whenever you need to chat.

Hugs,
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    PS. Love the mohawk.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Lise, if still overwhelmed, skip to last paragraph. Super short summary...

I was going to say the same as Cari, but B-Complex WITH B12 and D3 (given your SAD, if you're working mostly nights and having inconsistent sun exposure) sounds like you need to get under your light and have some B's! B8 is also good with helping with all manner of depression related issues, B-150 (the ramped up B-Super Complex which has more than just regular B-Complex) sounds like what you need. If excess of B's is present, you just pee out the rest.

Those tie in with my thyroid issues (which is likely triggered by my insulin resistance). My levels tested at the low end of normal for nearly a decade before passing into the right "zone" for me to find treatment. My endo said that I'd likely been deficient since I started have symptoms.

And I get this weird achy pain from the middle of my bones radiating out, particularly when I'm not sleeping well or enough. I have added Hyaluronic Acid to help with joint support, and between that and my Magnesium Citrate, other than my knee issue, my overall issues are more manageable.

--> So, summary. B-Complex with B12 (B8, too, if you can - helps depression and stuff). D3 & your Sunlight lamp. Hyaluronic Acid/Bioten/Collegen/Gelatin for joints. Research other reasons.

HUGEST HUGS IN THE UNIVERSE FOR GROUP HUG! C

P.S. SO love that mohawk too!!
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Will come back to this properly but i did give it a read. Ive got an appt with my gp on 17th. Unfortunately as its not a buy in system like the US its difficult to pick and choose a doc but gonna go back and have another rant at them. I ended up bursting into tears to my husband about it all tonight. He thinks its been 2-3 years not 1-2 as i thought.
  • maoribadger
    Options
    And ty both of you
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Lise, Any time honey, any time!