1st sucessful run

Options
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post to introduce myself to the group. I went on my first official run today! I needed something to mix up my typical workouts so I downloaded the C25K app. I am surprised how much I didn't hate it, lol.

Other things about me. I'm a 33 year old single mom living in the high country of Colorado. Any other "newbies" to running want to meet up for a run, let me know.

JB

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I just started week 4 of C25K and totally love it! I'm in the Denver area of Colorado.
  • SharoninBeaufort
    SharoninBeaufort Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    It felt surprisingly good didn't it?
    Remember there will be bad days and good days

I just finished w8d3 and I was not a runner in the least. I was "if I'm running some evil this way comes"

Good luck and don't forget to have fun
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Imagine if there were a zombie apocalypse, we could just run through the lot of them LOL! It feels great to get started and at the beginning, small steps seem like big ones but trust the programme. There are lots of people who were non runners who are plodding through the programme and we can't believe we can do it. Seems huge to be facing week 1, week 2 and before you know it, you are facing the programme end and 'what next'!

Run slowly, relax and breathe well (and have rest days) and then follow the programme, you will make it.

Julie x
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    joolieb1 wrote: »
    Imagine if there were a zombie apocalypse, we could just run through the lot of them LOL! It feels great to get started and at the beginning, small steps seem like big ones but trust the programme. There are lots of people who were non runners who are plodding through the programme and we can't believe we can do it. Seems huge to be facing week 1, week 2 and before you know it, you are facing the programme end and 'what next'!

Run slowly, relax and breathe well (and have rest days) and then follow the programme, you will make it.

Julie x

Just remember zombies don't like fast food!! Have a great weekend

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    Remember there will be bad days and good days
    I was not a runner in the least. I was "if I'm running some evil this way comes"
    Good luck and don't forget to have fun
    joolieb1 wrote: »
    It feels great to get started and at the beginning, small steps seem like big ones but trust the programme. There are lots of non runners plodding through the programme. Seems huge to be facing week 1, week 2 and before you know it, you are facing the programme end and 'what next'!

The Good days carry you through the Bad days.
    Have Fun - applies to what ever ( Exercise ) you are doing.
    Small Steps - Become Big Accomplishments.
    Plodding is an accepted / approved method of Running. Especially if it keeps you ahead of the Evil this way comes.
    What's Next? How about a 5 km Road Race or 2.
    Then C10K and look for 10k races ( Destination Races = Mini Holiday ).
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @JenBrassanini ,@lulalacroix, @moyer566
    Try the C25k Group here on MFP.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
    Then move onto the C210K group ( sorry don't have a link to them) or the August 2015 running challenge
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10222628/august-2015-running-challenge#latest