less appetite on feast days

Options
aniqa109
aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
Hi all
is this normal to be less hungry on feast days
i find i am unable to eat as much and im less hungry overall. Im still trying to eat as much as i can but physically im pushing as im really feeling full quite quick.please help!

Replies

• russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think that's part of the success. (Like when you haven't eaten all day and are 'starved', but you get full really fast since your belly has shrunk.)

It's okay to have a little bit of a calorie deficit on non-fast days, as long as you're eating enough to let your body know that it doesn't need to conserve for another fast. I eat a little less than maintenance cals (plus any exercise cals) on non-fast days and that's working well, so far.

If you're concerned that you're not eating enough calories, you can switch some of your food to higher calorie (but still healthy) items or eat more often on non-fast days, so that you're not feeling stuffed.
  • mrsgreen5686
    mrsgreen5686 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1200 to 1400 calories on non fast days. Is this too little? I feel full all the time from it..
  • russellma
    Options
    I eat around 1200 to 1400 calories on non fast days. Is this too little? I feel full all the time from it..

I'm not the expert here, but I don't think that would be too little, especially since you're so close to your goals.

And, what you're doing seems to be working well for you.

One thing I've done is to set my goals to 0 pounds per week and the activity level to sedentary. When you do that, MFP will tell you what your maintenance calories are. They're not perfect, of course, but it will give you an idea of basically where you should aim. I try to eat a little lower than the maintenance calories on non-fast days.

• aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice il try and change mfp settings and see.
  • russellma
    Options
    Oh, one more thing I just wanted to clarify... I spend quite a bit of my day sitting, so my 'average' day is pretty sedentary. If you're usually very active throughout the day (not counting your workouts), your activity level might be different than mine. Or, if you workout a lot but don't usually eat back exercise calories you earn, then you might want to increase the activity level, too.
  • mrsgreen5686
    mrsgreen5686 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well I've lost 5lb so far still have around 14lb to go. I am pretty active walk everywhere well over 10,000 steps a day and then I work in a gym so do at least an hours exercise most days when working. But my body will be used to this by now so need to kick it up a bit. I never eat the calories back. I couldn't eat that much in a day lol.

Thank you so much for the advice :D
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I've found less appetite on feast days has been a bonus of the IF lifestyle.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    I've found less appetite on feast days has been a bonus of the IF lifestyle.

Agree. When I stuff myself consistently over several days...I can eat a bit more every day. A fast resets that «hunger» cue for me and feel quite ok and content on more normal levels of eating.

• JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would never push it to the point of being so full that I feel sick

Make sure youre getting your nutrients though- protein, fiber, calcium, etc

And never go under 1000cal