Going maintenance for a week

Options
KittensMaster
KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
it has been almost 2 years. 140 lbs is the count to the best of my knowledge as of my weigh in this morning.

The last 6 months has been more body composition and endurance training. Exploring what my new body can do

But maintenance is a new thing and a potential fear. That is where I hear people fail

So I'm going to up fat and protein but keep carbs down.

It is a test run. I will get back on reducing weight slowly after the rest and restore week.

So what have you experienced in a week of maintenance?

I wonder if I will actually be stronger for it?

I don't feel Ike cheating or whatever it is people call premeditated carelessness. No desire to over eat.

Maybe the body needs an occasional break. I push mine very hard some days.

It seems like a break will be almost as much a mental break as physical

Completely changing our way of living and eating, it is a big deal.

I'm thankful for our little group. The best place on MFP!!

So please share your experience on short breaks into maintenance.

Thank you.

Replies

• LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Have you read The Paleo Diet for Athletes by Loren Cordain? I read it a few years back so my memory may be a bit rusty but as I remember he suggests increasing your carbs at certain times after exercise while maintaining a lower carb diet at all other times. I intended to follow this once I have reached my weight loss goal, although now I feel adapted quite well to endurance training on a low carb diet I am questioning whether I would need to reintroduce carbs at all. I guess once I have fewer fat reserves to call on I will need the short term boost from carbs again. Maybe I should go back and reread it myself!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Thanks

I can order that off Amazon today

I do eat carbs for long bike rides but burn them off as I ride

I like the Paleo ideas. Natural food.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of doing the same. A Maintaining-break. I have about 10 lb to lose after 14 straight months of dieting. I haven't decided if I'm going to start back Monday or do another week. I'm still doing my regular exercise routines. We'll see how it pans out.