Recipes

Options
thought I would start a new thread since this seems to be picking up a little!

I have found TONS of great recipes and meal plans on Pinterest! I really like having someone else figure all the containers out for me so I can still have delicious meals.

Replies

• rjpittner
    rjpittner Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    YES! Thank you for starting this! I'm vegetarian and on the 1,200, so I'm having an extremely difficult time finding meal plans...I've been eating really basic (as in no recipes aside from a salad with some black beans thrown in) and I am getting bored! I'll have to set aside some Pinterest time today (there has to be a set time frame or I will spend the entire day on there before on I know it! :-P) I screen-shot one that Autumn shared on her Instagram a couple of days ago that I REALLY want to try!

1 red of firm tofu
    3-4 TBSP nonfat Greek yogurt
    1/8 cup apricot preserves
    1/2 apple
    1-2 TBSP raisins
    1/2 green of diced green peppers, onions, and celery.
    Seasoning: Curry powder, cumin, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, and pepper

Mix up and eat on Romaine hearts as lettuce wraps!

Total: 1-1/2 red, 1 purple, 1/2 green

I lied...I have been crazing pizza something fierce and whipped up a simple whole-wheat English muffin pizza the other evening!

1 whole-wheat English muffin
    1/2 purple tomato sauce
    1 blue low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella cheese
    Seasoning: Italian seasoning, garlic powder...whatever else would be yummy!

I toasted my muffin halves, made the sauce with the seasonings on the stovetop, then put a dollop on each half, covered in cheese, and put in the microwave for several seconds. It hit the spot! :-)

Total: 2 yellow, 1/2 purple, 1 blue
  • rjpittner
    Options
    It might also be helpful to share our weekly meal plans as well if anyone would be interested and/or willing! :-)
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Blog called Potentially Lovely is where I got the recipes I've tried. She has a much higher calorie goal and tends to ignore the oil in her recipes, but they are tasty! I made her balsamic tofu and quinoa taco bake.
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    I would love to try that! I do a poor job of planning ahead very far so that would be helpful.
    I struggle to make the daily decision between avocado, cheese and hummus. Such a cruel choice to have to make!
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    Btw, the tofu recipe above sounds good!
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    Here's what I'm eating today. 2trzv90iml8y.jpg
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    Just making sure you found the vegetarian/vegan protein sources too. We can use quinoa, beans and lentils for red containers.
  • rjpittner
    Options
    I just spent the last three hours on Pinterest and the internet, but FINALLY have my meal plan for next week! Woo hoo! I stumbled upon a few very yummy looking recipes and thought I'd share the links! Incorporating them into the upcoming week!

Egg Plant Pizzas
    Zucchini Boats
    Garlic Tomato Spaghetti Squash
    I also found:

"Tofu Scramble" which consisted of 2 red of tofu, one green of mixed broccoli, tomato, onion, and mushroom, made in a pan with mustard as flavoring (and served with a side of sweet potato fries made with coconut oil).

And thought up:

"Corn Tortillas"
    2 corn tortillas (1 yellow)
    1 red refried beans (divided)
    1 sliced red red bell pepper (divided)
    1/2 onion (divided) --> (1.5 green total)
    1/2 purple Salsa/pico
    1 blue Mont. Jack cheese (divided)
    cumin
    chili pepper
    chipotle

"Spaghetti Squash"
    1 squash (2 green)
    1 purple tomato sauce
    Italian seasoning
    basil
    thyme

I hope they all turn out as delicious as they sound! :-)
  • rjpittner
    Options
    Here's what next week looks like for me:

6lnwjmsb1rg7.png

I would upload this present week's menu, but it was such a disaster...I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! It took me a while to figure out how to properly divvy up the protein and which groups to have at which meal/snack in order to keep myself from feeling starved...hoping week #2 will be better!
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    I'm making those zucchini boats today! I have a few zucchini in the fridge that I was looking for something fun to do with them!
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    The spaghetti squash also sounds really good!
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    How did you make your spreadsheet? Is it just excel?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I found this 21 Day Fix Approved Chili recipe on YouTube this weekend and I bought all the ingredients today to make it this week. I hope it comes out good. The only problem is that I'm going to have to sub the corn for cauliflower or mixed veggies because I'm grain-free.

Autumn also posts 21 Day Fix recipes and snack ideas on her YouTube channel. I really want to try this Cauliflower Pizza Recipe.
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    Thanks! I have stuff to a different chili recipe, but I'd rather have one that's already 21 day approved.
  • MotivatingOthers
    MotivatingOthers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    rjpittner wrote: »
    Here's what next week looks like for me:

6lnwjmsb1rg7.png

I would upload this present week's menu, but it was such a disaster...I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! It took me a while to figure out how to properly divvy up the protein and which groups to have at which meal/snack in order to keep myself from feeling starved...hoping week #2 will be better!

Thank you for sharing!! I'm going to tell my clients about this. I've never written mine down but such a good idea!!
  • rjpittner
    Options
    Yep, it's just an Excel spreadsheet! How'd the zucchini boats turn out!?
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    Just made them today. They were tasty! The filling made enough for 3-4 medium zucchini, though. When I make them again, I'll double the sundried tomatoes and add more seasoning... Maybe some mushrooms.
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/08/summer-vegetable-tian/
    I look forward to making this recipe every summer! It's seems plain, but is seriously delicious. No idea how it would break down into containers yet though. Waiting for my moms squash to come in so I can make it!
  • randilast
    randilast Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @CrosbyMcDowell @synacious @rjpittner Here's a blog I found (via Pinterest) with plenty of interesting recipes, from breakfast to desserts!
    http://mycrazygoodlife.com/more-than-100-21-day-fix-recipes/
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    Ha! I just found that blog this morning!