Recipes

Options

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @randilast Oh my God, thank you! I want to make everything there...

I made the 21 Day Fix approved chili! I swapped the corn for green beans, celery, and carrots, I used 99% fat free ground turkey breast instead of 94% like he did, and I didn't use the brand of chili seasoning mix he did but here it is!

u2vz8kg1sxro.jpg

y4saxb1tu8d1.jpg

It was DELICIOUS! He said it yields five servings, but honestly that's too much in one serving. I can easily get six to seven servings out of this. I measured everything. The nutritional facts are assuming you break it into six servings.

Nutrition Facts:
    • Calories: 363
    • Fat: 2g
    • Saturated Fat: 1g
    • Cholesterol: 59mg
    • Sodium: 900mg
    • Potassium: 809mg
    • Carbs: 49g
    • Fiber: 18g
    • Sugar: 7g
    • Protein: 37g
    • Vitamin A: 56%
    • Vitamin C: 128%
    • Calcium: 17%
    • Iron: 40%

Well rounded nutritional facts and very filling without feeling heavy on the stomach. The sodium isn't too bad considering how little of it we have the rest of the day on this meal plan. The video says the container equivalents are 1 red, 2 green, and 2 yellow. However, since I didn't use corn, I consider each serving 1 red, 2 green, and 1.5 yellow.
  • randilast
    randilast Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of interesting recipes. This week I'm not really following the meal plan, just sticking to my calorie goal from MFP. Maybe Round 2 (fingers crossed) I'll follow it more closely. Anything avocado I'm all for.
  • randilast
    Options
    Just wanted to give you all a heads up, if you have a Fresh Thyme grocery store near you check out their weekly ads! They have amazing deals on produce every week and Thursdays are when the new ad comes out - but last week's ad is also valid! Double the savings!!! http://freshthyme.com/our-stores
    My local store has an awesome deal on canteloupe, green beans and bell peppers. I'll be heading there tonight to get more produce to last me the week.
  • Maxematics
    Options
    I don't have any near me, but I looked at the ads anyway and oh man am I jealous of those prices. Not only do I live in NYC, but I live in a neighborhood that's considered to be trendy so everything here is SUPER expensive. Fresh Thyme has Driscoll's Raspberries for 77 cents each!! A "deal" here is 2 for $5. That place looks great! They have a lot of deals on other health food products I use too, like 25% off the Garden of Life line.
  • randilast
    Options
    @synacious Oh dear, I've heard how expensive NYC can be. I have a friend who was born and raised on Long Island. Sorry, didn't mean to make you jealous. I just wanted to see if it would help anyone else find a good deal on produce.
    And I love when they have deals on fruit! I'll buy up a bunch and freeze it to use in my smoothies. Greater quantity for a cheaper price that way. And they're a cute store, very friendly and reasonable. Since I live in Indiana (farm country) they will often have local produce featured.
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My lunch today. I threw in some mushrooms that we're going bad too.

fkuhn8yyd3g0.jpg

http://joanne-eatswellwithothers.com/2014/03/two-potato-hash-poached-eggs-greens.html#_a5y_p=3635980
  • randilast
    Options
    Looks totally yum!! Reminds me of this recipe:http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/brussels_sprout_potato_hash.html
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    That looks good too! I love Brussels sprouts!
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    that looks soooo yummy! I wish i could reach into my screen to have some :-)
  • rjpittner
    rjpittner Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What's everyone eat for breakfast? As much as I love my English muffin + PB2, oatmeal + cinnamon and fruit, and smoothie rotation, I'm getting bored and need some quick/easy options that I can take on the go with school starting back up. I typically have eggs as snacks, so I try to shy away from just plain old eggs at breakfast.
  • randilast
    Options
    Lately I've been doing smoothies. But usually I would have fruit, toast and peanut butter. I'm going to make up some egg cups to reheat for mornings but that's because I don't like hardboiled eggs.
    I have been meal prepping today. Went to the Dollar General and bought a ton of divided containers. Lol, one side is stuffed with a roasted vegetable (favorite way to eat them) the other with some chicken.
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    I have a relatively standard rotation: oatmeal with fruit (maybe some coconut or walnuts), Greek yogurt and fruit, smoothie, eggs with veggies. That's pretty much it. On Pinterest there's
    21 DF friendly pancakes, but I haven't tried them yet.
  • randilast
    Options
    cpxs6gkf88j4.jpg
    My fridge after meal prepping this weekend. :smile: Very easy to grab and go now! This week isn't starting off the best for me but hopefully this will help with the stress. It's my doubles week for my first round!
  • randilast
    Options
    These are the eggs recipes I'm going to make up tonight for the week. I'm going to do the "Super Green" version as I bought some broccoli I'd like to use. But I've done similar egg cups and it's great to just reheat and eat!
    http://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/nutrition/3-easy-21-day-fix-egg-cup-recipes
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    ohh your fridge makes me so jealous!! And motivated to get going here! :-)
  • Maxematics
    Options
    Your fridge organization is beautiful haha. I love it!
  • randilast
    Options
    @Ladybug1250 @synacious Confession time: my second job is at the Container Store. Lol, totally get great ideas from that store for organizing! Also a tip, if you want extra containers with the specific sizes like 21 DF check out their site. They have tons! I like having extra for those days when I haven't gotten around to dishes yet.
  • rjpittner
    rjpittner Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @randilast: I'm glad to see someone else who has La Croix! :-P My fridge has an entire row dedicated to my La Croix addiction...coconut, lemon, and lime! That little stand/holder you have for them is nifty!
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    La Croix is the best! I've been on that band wagon for years! My favorites are grapefruit and berry.
  • randilast
    Options
    I love it! It took me some time to get off soda but LA Croix helped. I'm a big fan of the berry and cran-raspberry flavors. I'll have to try the others! Lol, and the beverage dispenser is from the Container store! Love that place!