Week 2- August 8 through August 15th

slimzandra
slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
So Great 8!! Loved this one this morning. I suggest that everyone do this one today, especially if you are looking for a short meditation or a brief relaxation or just a good stretch.

Be sure to grab some small throw or two and a box before you start.

This would be a good one to tack on to the back of a more rigorous routine.

Palms down for me. I could not dream of balancing on my hands - crow pose? but I did appreciate a good stretch in the hamstrings. Today was nice a slow and I am starting to notice much more flexibility compared to day 1. I can get lower on my seated stretch towards my feet. I am also able to sit up taller keeping my knees lower to the ground in a folded leg position.

Might not be challenging enough for most people, but this morning it was just perfect for me.
Have a great day!
Peace out.

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Can't wait to do this one, thanks for the review. I've missed the past two days and am feeling my muscles start to tighten back up all I want to do is stretch. I think I was just getting used to it all. So I'll be doing this tonight, maybe twice if it's as good as it sounds. :)
  • slimzandra
    edited August 2015
    I have a dentist appointment tomorrow at 10, and I didn't get to do day 9 today. Pretty hectic day. I hate to miss one day, but I plan on doing day 9 and 10 tomorrow morning before my appointment. It should chill me out before I get in the seat! Nice to see you back AuntStephie! It's a good stretch.

@m_puppy, I read your post from Saturday. Yea. That's kinda how my weekend went as well. My son had a list of activities he needed to get done and was a bit demanding this weekend. He's a good kid, but being 13, he still needs rides and this then that. I finally finished cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms it's now 9pm and I'm wiped out. I want to do this, so I can enjoy my me time. Right now, I just turned on the TV and getting in bed. Oh, and finishing the laundry. LIfe can be hectic, do what you can and fuggitaboutit…Monday is a new week.
  • auntstephie321
    I totally flaked on doing day 8 yesterday, but got it done today. Really nice stretch and I was even able to hold crow for about 1 second. It felt amazing, at first I tried and couldn't do it then all of a sudden I felt super calm and strong and focused. I really can't wait to be able to do more of those poses someday!
  • slimzandra
    So cool aunstephie!

I just finished 10 then went back to 9. 9 was 25 minutes and lots of ups and downs. I have vertigo so having my head down then up again repeatedly makes me a bit dizzy. 10 was a good one to couple with another more difficult day.

I also walked 2 miles today. So goals met! check and check.
  • auntstephie321
    Awesome work! Maybe I'll do 9 and 10 tomorrow to get caught up
  • m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    I did day 8 today. Tomorrow I have class so I'll probably do 9&10 on Wednesday. I was able to hold crow very briefly before collapsing. Also practiced chatarunga quickly before ending. Maybe I'll have the strength tomorrow. I ate off plan yesterday and kicked myself out of ketosis. In all fairness, we were testing desserts for the wedding. Delicious desserts. It was the first time I felt a cheat was worth it.

Glad to hear you guys are sticking with it, even if you take a day or two off. Zandra, I have a 13 year old daughter. She'll be 14 next month. Completely different than having a boy but I understand the demands. I find my fiancé and my father to be worse than she is though. I've started having my fiancé participate in yoga so he gets why I get mad when I'm interrupted. Though tonight he had me laughing the whole time. He kept saying "I'm killing yoga tonight!" Yes, killing the meditation night.
  • auntstephie321
    Wow day 9 and 10 back to back was intense. I really can't wait to gain more strength so I can do these moves for real.

I guess I'm lucky, no teenagers driving me nuts during yoga, only a 1 year old kitten who likes to bite, lol. But she is easily distracted.
  • slimzandra
    This is harder to keep up than I thought it would be. Just did 11 today.
    Loved her shirt - Don't give up! It was a longer session, she did a few new things today.
    Lion's breath. HAHA. Is it me or is there a lot of downward dog in her routines? The squats at the end felt good.
  • auntstephie321
    There is tons of down dog, my arms can really feel it lol. I like how it is structured, it seems after there is a really hard day she will have a lighter day which is making it easier for me to go back to. I'm loving it even though it is hard, this is the first time in like a decade I have consistently worked out without getting spasms in my back after the first 2 days.
  • m_puppy
    This is excellent! @slimzandra were you the one that found 30 days with Adrien? Thank you thank you thank you! I really am enjoying this. Though I have a hard time doing it everyday, I am seeing improvement in my strength. I am excited to get to a point where I am doing everything correctly. I have a hard time pushing myself in downward dog. I feel a lot of pain in that "resting movement" and my in person yogi walks over and fixes me. I struggle staying tight in all of the places I'm supposed to while simultaneously relaxing other areas. I'm working very hard on my chatarungas. You know what I can't seem to get into? All of the forward folds and bizarre stretches that I can't feel. We do similar things in class and my mind is always "uhh... what am I supposed to be feeling here? I must not be doing it right." I could use a little less time forward folding.
  • auntstephie321
    :( I'm out for a couple days, hoping to be ok to go by tomorrow. Been having a lot of trouble with twitching in the back of my arm and spasms in my neck
  • m_puppy
    Oh no! I hope you heal quickly and start getting better. Are you taking time to just go through some slow stretches, not necessarily the videos?
  • auntstephie321
    m_puppy wrote: »
    Oh no! I hope you heal quickly and start getting better. Are you taking time to just go through some slow stretches, not necessarily the videos?

Yes I've been doing a lot of stretching, it's feeling much better today. I think the rest was exactly what it needed. Thank you