carbs vs net carbs on keto?

Options
carom
carom Posts: 188 Member
Is there anyone in ketosis that uses net carbs instead of carbs? Do you just minus the fibre totals from your carb totals? And still stay in keto?

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I did, I'm not in keto now but when I was I counted net carbs kept at or below 50 with no problems
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I track net carbs (subtract the fibre out) but keep both net and gross VERY low. I'm almost always below 15g net, 22-23 gross.
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm new at this and I'm doing net carbs and in milder keto. My goal is 30 net, but most days I am at that or even 10 over. I'm choosing 10 of those to be Metamucil and Pom Juice. The research on Pom (5 carbs) is simply too good for arterial health not to do it. So I really struggle trying to eat veggies - even low carb ones - within the 20 or so I have left. I'd love to hear how folks are eating veggies and not majoring higher saturated fats. Maybe I am still 'brainwashed' but I'd rather eat a few more veggie carbs than not. Help, anyone?
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I stay at 35 net, and am solidly in ketosis. I started at 20 total, then 20 net, then 25 net etc. I occasionally go up to 50 net and don't kick myself out.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I guess its just down to individuality and how sensitive your body is to carbs. I wish MFP had a net carb count!
  • MizTenaciousT
    MizTenaciousT Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    carom wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, I guess its just down to individuality and how sensitive your body is to carbs. I wish MFP had a net carb count!

Me too!

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It will always be different for everybody. Finding the level that helps you thrive is key, for you. It's N=1, right? Always do what is best for you!