Introductions!

Options

Replies

• dsev78
    dsev78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Danielle. I am a wife to active duty military spouse, going to be 38 in January, and we have two young kids 5 and 2. I was really active in highschool but stopped being active in college. I carried some weight into my first marriage and ate to comfort myself when times were rough:(. I got a divorce and that got me to a new time record gain but i got control of my emotions and started exercising again and eating healthy. I met my husband we both love to eat out so weight was creeping on! I got pregnant with first child, lost baby weight after. We had a second child, weight came on again. I had teo c-sections and umbilical hernia repair so really looking for my flat tummy again time to get this mommy healthy again:)
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    randilast wrote: »
    @musicfan4life30 Good for you! When I first did Total Body Cardio Fix I had a hard time walking down my apartment stairs to get to work. And I modify as well! They're there for a reason so no shame! Just keep pushing when you think you can do more and you'll get where you want to be! Welcome to the team!

Thanks for the welcome! :)
  • tinabsays
    tinabsays Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I'm Tina. I'm a lover of all things fitness and style. Based in Sydney Australia, I'm keen to nail my nutrition and achieve my fitness goals. I'm excellent about my workouts and can fit in 3-4 21 day fix and fix extreme workouts, . I'm a single mum to two gorgeous boys. I finally want to get my life back on track a 100%. Keen to make some friends here as well as motivate others who might need it.
    Thank you all,
    xox
    Tina
  • Annie831
    Annie831 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi all, this will be the 2nd time i am doing the 21 day fix and ill be starting it on the 31st. I come form a large family and all of us are over weight, as kids my mom used to tell us we were all just big boned lol. I am 31 will be 32 the end of September, im happily married and we have a 5 year old daughter i swear she is going on 25. My husband is supportive of me trying to lose weight (but does not thing i need too) also he does not get that it is harder for me than it was for him.( he went from about 280 to 150 just from working in his field of heating and cooling and it was right after highschool). my heaviest weight was aroung 250 when i was pregnant and i have been maintaining it at about 210-200 for the past 5 years. my goal or ideal weight is some where around 140-150 as im only 5'5.

Weight has always been a thorn in my side for as long as i can remember. the 21 day fix is just a great plan because i realized that one of my problems with my weight is that i dont eat enough( i could live on just coffee) and when i do eat its all the wrong things like soda and chips and pizza. I work in an office and we are surrounded by food places and that does not help. My only problem is i dont like many vegtables so getting all my veggies in is a little tough for me but i make it work. I am really excited to start this new chapter in my life im not planing on just dieting but changing my life style to be more active and healthy eating!!
    good luck everyone
  • randilast
    randilast Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi @Annie831 and welcome to the group! I'm finishing up my first round now, how was yours? I love your attitude as well, and it sounds like you have a great support group with your husband. I'm 5'5" as well (some doctors say 5'6") and also work in an office. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want!
    Congrats on finishing Round 1 and starting Round 2!!!
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hello, Ladies and gents if applicable. My name is Darlene and I am a 56 year-old who works out regularly. I have always been active as far a weightlifting goes. I started back in my early 20s as a professional cheerleader and after that continued to dance and began weight lifting. Once those 30s hit and I wasn't as active, sitting down most of the day, the weight crept up. I continued to lift weights off and on and invested in many workout DVDs; Turbo Jam, Supreme 90 Day, P90X3 (really didn't like this one) and too many to name them all. But Cathe Friedrich and Kelly Coffey-Meyer are some of my favorites. I haven't yet purchased 21 Day Fix because I am looking at all the the inspiration I can get to motivate me to make that move. So ladies, all of your feedback on this program is appreciated and looking forward to hearing from you.
  • dafoots0911
    Options
    @CrosbyMcDowell, " Summer of 2010, I was a raw foodist for about 3 or 4 months. I really just wanted to try it out and see how I felt. I felt AMAZING, had the most ridiculous amount of energy!!!" I also did the raw food thing for about 3 months and you are so right the energy was AMAZING!!!. But you are also right in that it is not sustainable. May try it again for a month or two...maybe.
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    @dafoots0911 I keep thinking if I can just incorporate more of it, I'll be doing really well. I saw on a message board today someone who does raw until 4pm. I might try that soon.... Though I'm not so sure it's compatible with 21 day fix. :/
  • dafoots0911
    Options
    I understand. I too try but so hooked on this "getting in your protein" thing, I did find it hard to maintain muscle on a raw food diet. My muscles, I worked to long and hard to get to turn around and lose.
  • MotivatingOthers
    MotivatingOthers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    maroro123 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone - I'm Mary and I just started day 1 today! I've tried many things and I'm great at keeping with short workouts (I like to sweat out my stress! :) ). My biggest problem has always been portion control. I love food - all food. And my mother taught me to "clean my plate".
    I'm currently 171, 5'3 - I'd like to eventually get down to 130-ish but I'm more concerned with health than a number. I want to look in the mirror and feel good about myself. I've always been fairly curvy (even when I didn't weigh much - thanks for the boobs, mom) so I'm not sure how realistic 130 is so when I get closer to that, I'm going to see where I'm at.

So far I've gotten my workout in for the day (early morning) and have my lunch and snacks packed for the day! Going strong :) Any support would be greatly appreciated!

I have the same goal!! Started at 171 and down to 160!! Would like to get to 120/130 range eventually :)
  • rjpittner
    rjpittner Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of our newcomers! This group is really taking off and it's so exciting to have such a great community of support!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Gail and I'm the latest newbie. I'm 42, I have a you daughter and DH is a teacher. I work for a software company so I sit - a lot.

I was a member at the Y and I lost motivation. The classes weren't fun anymore. Over this year I went from 142 to 156 and nothing fits. I need to refocus to feel better. It's not a ton of weight, but I've been lazy and now I'm out of shape.

I'm looking forward to supporting everyone and hearing how you're doing with this plan. I'm officially starting on 9/8. I need a week to plan and figure things out.
  • vividii
    vividii Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Viv. Over the past 10 yrs, my weight has steadily crept up +30lbs. As a new year's resolution I decided to join a gym, and I gained more weight. Everyone said it was probably muscle but when I saw photos, I didn't like what I was seeing.
    I got laid off a few weeks ago and right around that time a friend of mine was raving about her 8lb weight loss after just one week on 21dayfix. So I ordered it and have been focusing on this while I also look for a job. I've lost 4lbs this first week which feels awesome! I want to get as close to my goal as possible by the new year.
    Nice to meet all of you.
  • mrsmerre
    mrsmerre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Merre! I just ordered the 21 day fix and it arrived today! I struggle with eating healthy and exercising. I enjoy walking and jogging, but hate eating healthy and I hope This plan will help me get my portions under control while feeling satisfied. I'm married and my husband is very fit and In control of what he eats! We are complete opposites! When I become more fit I want to push myself to run In races.
  • jennimben
    jennimben Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Its so fun to see all the new people and read all the great stories everyone brings to the group! Just makes me feel more motivated!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you!
  • rjpittner
    rjpittner Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome to all of the new members! Happy to be on this fit journey with you! :-)
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Hello to the new members. The school year just started which means back to work, so I've kind of had my head up my bum about posting. I hope you all enjoy the program and keep us updated. Good luck!
  • Spk1117
    Spk1117 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this group!! I am starting 21 day fix today! I'm all prepped and ready for the week! I have done this program before and just quit. I'm ready to start my life change with this program. I'm so excited to begin.
  • Abowman806
    Abowman806 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Aimee :smile: i have 2 beautiful girls - a year and a half & a 4 month old. I was working out and getting healthy before my 1st (i blame that for the pregnancy ;) haha). I only gained 35 lbs the 1st time, lost it in 2 weeks; gained 40 the 2nd time, lost only 15 lbs. A friend of mine recommended 21 day challenge, today is the first day. I just completed the total body cardio fix and feel exhausted and amazing lol.

Hopefully my girls will let me do the exercises in peace daily! :smiley: