Keto after gall bladder surgery?

2»

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    most migraines are hormonal, and as long as your stress level stays high post surgery (surgery itself is a stressor), I don't know other than meditation and all that??? I have only had migraine-level headaches, not migraines themselves...

One other word of warning. I tend to be sensitive to diarrhea following 1) too much coconut oil, 2) too many pickles or too much vinegar, 3) much smaller combinations of the too. Causes an internal reaction similar to the baking soda and vinegar volcanoes of our youth! I have to have about 4 hours between even 1 -2 tsp of CO and 1 pickle or 2+ oz of pickle juice...

TY on both counts- you are right- probably body-stress related. Very much appreciate the head's up on the vinegar- I was considering adding apple cider vinegar to my regimen as it is supposed to be good for cleansing/healing-- but will steer clear of it. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    I don't use apple cider vinegar, but if you get the one that is "with the mother" I'd still do that for the health benefits, and just be careful not to do it near coconut oil...
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Headaches can be a booger! Ice packs on your head, perhaps? I can say that the magnetic necklace, recommended by Carly (Knitormiss) has been amazing at helping my headaches! Good luck! Btw: I ordered them from Amazon.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Headaches can be a booger! Ice packs on your head, perhaps? I can say that the magnetic necklace, recommended by Carly (Knitormiss) has been amazing at helping my headaches! Good luck! Btw: I ordered them from Amazon.

I'm so thrilled to hear that the necklace you got is helping your headaches still!! Definitely not psychosomatic effect this far in. :D That is awesome... Totally made my day to hear this. (hugs)
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    The headaches appear to be getting better slowly... less pain every day. I think they were just from my body being so out of whack. Very little pain from the surgery, but man do I tire out quick. Looking forward to getting my energy back-- and my appetite. Just don't feel like eating. I do it, but it takes effort. Blech.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    I began having gall bladder attacks when I converted off low fat processed foods to real foods. They were intermittent for a few months but said no to the surgery (it was the surgeon that actually provided official diagnosis as he was trying to schedule a date!) Anyway I was worried that going lchf would start the attacks back up.... not a single one. Recently ran across this: http://www.dietdoctor.com/gallstones-and-low-carb
  • LindaSmith108
    LindaSmith108 Posts: 19 Member

I found this stuff in Walmart that is great for migraines. The only thing that ever helped mine. Its called Stopain Migraine. Its a gel that kind of feels and smells like Bengay. You rub it on both sides of the back of your neck and in about 15 or 20 minutes the worst of the migraine is gone. There's still a very small, kind of dull ache but at least you can function. Its also homeopathic.

• KarlaYP
    Thank you @LindaSmith108! I'm always willing to try different things for my headaches. @Carley. You're an amazing person who cares about other's, and it shines through! Thanks again! Sorry OP for the hijack!
  • LindaSmith108
    Thank you @LindaSmith108! I'm always willing to try different things for my headaches.
    Anytime. I hope it works as well for you as it does for me. Migraines are sure miserable.
  • LindaSmith108
    I also heard somewhere that if you put an ice pack on your throat and your feet in hot water it helps headaches too but I haven't tried it. Sounds kind of like an old wives tale to me.
  • KarlaYP
    Some old wives tales are the best, and actually work! Thanks! :smile: