Today I Saw ...

Options
Slainte831
Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
When I do C25K, I drive to a nearby dirt road that wends its way through fields and forests. This way, I can take my dog with me, and let her run around off leash. As I was heading back to the car today, a family of 3 skunks crossed the road about 30 meters in front of us. Thank God my dog listened and stayed with me instead of running after them!

What did you see today?

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    A green woodpecker in the middle of the city (2nd I've seen in 20+ years) and some red deer in the local deer park (hard to miss).
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Me too, yesterday, I was on a track in an industrial estate and there was a wooded area on my right and saw a flash of green, chunky little fella, green woodpecker - snap LOL!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    a dog ran past me and my dog like a bat out of heck. of course, I was running in the direction he was coming from. :o

(tried to catch him but nope)
  • Slainte831
    Options
    Green woodpeckers??!! So cool!

How did you get your dog back?

I always go to a dirt road near my house so I can let my dog off-leash. I'd like to run someplace else as well but don't want to deal with a leashed dog pulling me around. How do you manage with your puppy?
  • mbaker566
    Options
    it wasn't my dog, it was someone elses

my dog runs in front till she gets tired and then she runs by my side. I've worked with her to minimize pulling. I use a halti because she is such a puller.

she is also great at her recall command. though she does like to pretend she doesn't hear me sometimes till I use "the voice"
  • SimonT181
    SimonT181 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    4 deer , a turtle a few frogs and a lizard
  • cynthiahalvorsen
    cynthiahalvorsen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Snake and a deer.
  • Slainte831
    Options
    I saw ... pine trees heavily laden with cones. Makes me think they might be right about a harsh winter
  • Slainte831
    Options
    Snake and a deer.

The snake would FREAK ME OUT.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Leaves changing color on the trees. Days are getting shorter. Fall is on its way more quickly than I would like!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    A brilliant red sky with the sunrise- sailors & farmers take warning. No phone=no pictures.
  • Slainte831
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Leaves changing color on the trees. Days are getting shorter. Fall is on its way more quickly than I would like!

Yes, whispers of autumn here, too.
  • Slainte831
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    A brilliant red sky with the sunrise- sailors & farmers take warning. No phone=no pictures.

Sounds amazing.
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Seventeen buzzards sitting in a tree watching me. (not a good feeling) :#
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Seventeen buzzards sitting in a tree watching me. (not a good feeling) :#

WOW, one would be good around here!!
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I saw a lady hiding behind a tree in the dark, didn't see her until i was right next to the tree and she looked me straight in the eye. Creepy lady
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Fog!

vzt1h7k95vq8.jpg
    fog.jpg 156.8K
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    A kestrel hunting a couple of sparrows
  • mbaker566
    Options
    a lot of bunnies
    homeless guy getting some rest at the bus stop-afraid i scared him awake
    saw the city waking up, smelling coffee brewing and smelling the donuts and breads being baked.
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    - A lost high schooler who'd wandered far off the path toward school. I pointed him in the right direction, lol.
    - An old golden retriever who reminded me of my own old guy at home. His arthritis is too bad now for him to run with me. :(