Safe to swim in the rain?

Options
Can_Do_Gal
Can_Do_Gal Posts: 1,142 Member
What do you all think? Heavy rain but no thunderstorms = ok? That's the forecast for the rest of today.

Ok, I guess I have to admit it. This is an advantage of an indoor pool. Even with the nasty chlorine.

Replies

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Rain, yup. Thunder/lightning, nope. Wind...your choice.

What do you have against chlorine? It keeps what is essentially a public toilet* sanitary!

* 17% of swimmers pee in the pool and 83% of swimmers lie on surveys.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Swimming in the rain is fun. Do it!
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I absolutely promise that I have never peed in a public pool. That's just gross.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I don't know - you'll get more wet. Make sure you bring a towel.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options

What do you have against chlorine? It keeps what is essentially a public toilet* sanitary!

And 97.16% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    As long as no thunderstorms, go for it. I like swimming in the rain. I live in Florida so rain without thunderstorms are rare though.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    aledba wrote: »
    I absolutely promise that I have never peed in a public pool. That's just gross.

Then you haven't lived my friend. ;)
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I do it on occasion so long as there's not even a hint go thunder and lightning!
  • Can_Do_Gal
    Options

Oh, I hear you! I thought we established this - I'm a witch! :wink:

Nah, I swim in pools all the time. Chlorine is awesome or there wouldn't be pools, and pools are awesome. However, sometimes the chlorine level at my pool triggers my reactive asthma. Plus when I was swimming lots, I often looked like I was molting, no matter what I did. I have naturally dry skin. My thyroid issues have made it more dry, so I'm dreading what my skin will look like by this Christmas. Not enough to keep me out of the pool, though.

Btw, I find it very hard to believe it's only 17% (yuck).
  • LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I do it on occasion so long as there's not even a hint go thunder and lightning!

I thought "I do it on occasion" was in reference to peeing in the pool!

Yes, definitely swim in the rain. I LOOOOOVE swimming in the rain. Right now it's so bloody hot that the freaking locker room feels like a sauna after my swim and I can never get completely dry. I cannot freaking wait for the winter when it's cooler and then after my swim I get to walk outside into the cool rain...Such an awesome feeling.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Every drop of water on the planet has been through 7 other bodies, apparently. If we're drinking recycled pee, I'm not going to worry about swimming in it ;-)
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Every drop of water on the planet has been through 7 other bodies, apparently. If we're drinking recycled pee, I'm not going to worry about swimming in it ;-)

Fair, fair. I still loathe to think of this. Ick.

• Can_Do_Gal
    Options
    We have a well & a septic system. It brings this home - water doesn't magically come from rainbows all new. I knew a kid once who was really into the fact that dinosaurs peed & he was drinking dino pee...

Laura Rae, in winter here after a swim I put on a wool hat & wrap a scarf around me so my hair doesn't freeze. But I agree walking out into the cool rain is awesome.
  • galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    As long as there is no thunder or lightning, swim on! I love swimming in the rain.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    LauraRae2 wrote: »

I thought "I do it on occasion" was in reference to peeing in the pool!

Lol! No no no! It was in reference to swimming in the rain :smiley: