what feelings @ glucose level?

Options
phxteach
phxteach Posts: 309 Member
How do you feel emotionally and physically when your glucose is higher than your normal? or lower?

I'm asking since I hit a new low and had an emotional sadness hit me. As my glucose rose over the past hour, the sadness is not nearly as strong. I know there is muscle memory, but glucose memory? Anybody else experience something like this?

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    For me, low sugar=great fatigue and strong cravings. I have no idea why!
  • tattooed65
    tattooed65 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    low sugar = blurry vision /spots in front of eyes an anger for no reason.. 55-65.. i never felt anything with high and i was 400+ fasting 5-600 peak.. went from 13.9 a1c in march to 6.1 aug..
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    thanks both of you... wow, tatooed65, that is one MAJOR change for the better.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    When my levels are low, mostly I feel fatigued. Not necessarily hungry, in fact food doesn't appeal to me.

When they're high, I'm fatigued, confused, frustrated, short-tempered and crave the very things I should be avoiding, and don't even think about when my levels are normal. Whether that craving is just frustration and a WTH attitude, or a physical reaction--I'm not sure. Maybe both.

Like having oatmeal for breakfast and realizing how many blinkin' carbs it has. AAAAACK

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Low blood glucose; blurred vision and lack of mental focus.
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Low blood sugar = huge wave of nausea and light head and sweating.
    Happens at 4 or when it drops below.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    For me, low sugar=great fatigue and strong cravings. I have no idea why!
    Oh, and cranky/moody moments. Not good!
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    JaneKnoll1 wrote: »
    Low blood sugar = huge wave of nausea and light head and sweating.
    Happens at 4 or when it drops below.

Now you see Jane, I was like that the other day at 4.8. I know, technically that's not a low, but I think my 'normal' is a little higher.
    I didn't see the doctor today because of all the snow, I just don't drive in that stuff.
  • shippan
    shippan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    low blood sugar -- I feel very dizzy and that I am going to pass out and know I need sugar to feel normal -- cognition is really off then
  • mrtastybutt
    mrtastybutt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have hypoglycemic unawareness so I usually don't notice anything until mine dips into the 40-50 range. At that point my mouth or lips feel numb if I even notice. If it dips below 40 then things get weird. People sound like the adults from Peanuts, I can't think, I get really loopy. A lot of people have told me that I appear drunk.

I don't really notice when my BG gets really high. When I ended up in the hospital for my heart attack (at 38!) my BG was around 500 I think? I was on meds too. lol
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I have hypoglycemic unawareness so I usually don't notice anything until mine dips into the 40-50 range. At that point my mouth or lips feel numb if I even notice. If it dips below 40 then things get weird. People sound like the adults from Peanuts, I can't think, I get really loopy. A lot of people have told me that I appear drunk.

I don't really notice when my BG gets really high. When I ended up in the hospital for my heart attack (at 38!) my BG was around 500 I think? I was on meds too. lol

That sounds so scarey! I hope you never get like that when you're alone. I've heard about hypoglycemia appearing like you're drunk.
    I sure hope you're doing better.