Newbie to Eat More to Weigh Less

Options
Lishia1283
Lishia1283 Posts: 20 Member
Okay so I'm totally confused. I have been eating between 1200-1300 calories for about a couple months now (mainly because I have set my lifestyle as sedentary). My weight loss has been very slow or nonexistent at this point. I know I'm getting closer to my goal of 140 (I'm currently at 159.5, 5'3) but it's getting frustrating! One thing I have noticed is if there was a workout that I did that burned between 700-1000 calories and I just eat anything I want (all in moderation of course) I will actually lose weight lol. This is bizarre to me because I feel that if I'm counting calories I either don't lose weight or just maintain but if I'm eating more than I will lose weight. So I thought maybe there's something to this TDEE-20% method and I would give it a try. But this is where I'm confused. When I put in my stats (I work out 5-6 hours/week) on the caluclator it gave me these numbers:

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR): 1635 calories Projected weight loss: 1.1 lbs per week
Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE): 2825 calories 4.5 lbs per month
Daily calories based on goal in step 6: 2256 calories 58.7 lbs per year

Can someone please help me as to what numbers I should put in MFP? Also, my diary is open so let me know if what I ate would be considered "okay" to eat while on this program. I even recorded the exercise I did even though it's already factored into your TDEE Cut. I'm really hoping this method works because gaining, regaining and losing is really stressing me out.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Use this, just the Simple Setup tab, with your stats.

It will tell you exactly what to change on MFP.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/961054-spreadsheet-for-bodyfat-bmr-tdee-progress-tracker

So you discovered the truth behind a bigger deficit is not better then.

Where you using MFP correctly before, like it sounds like you were at least eating back exercise calories, so your net was 1200-1300, not gross eaten then?
  • Lishia1283
    Lishia1283 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Finally! Someone helped me out lol. But before I was following the NET 1200 calorie diet. It would vary what I would eat depending on how much I was exercising. I was so busy focusing on netting 1200 or going a little bit over 1200 that I wouldn't pay attention to how many calories I was actually eating. I had it set up where I would eat back the calories that I was burning through exercise. I was losing weight but it just stalled I guess after I hit a "certain" weight. I was starting to feel like I was depriving my body especially in the late afternoon right before dinner. But even at dinner time, I would not eat that much unless I still had some calories to use for the day. I would also try to drink at least 8 cups of water but mostly it would be 10.