Hi, is anyone still participating in this group?

Options
lynnsmith312
lynnsmith312 Posts: 34 Member
Hi, is anyone still participating in this group?

Replies

• insaneteabag
    insaneteabag Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've just started the 5:2 diet and joined this group!

Day one is almost over.. Looking forward to eating normally tomorrow!!
  • lynnsmith312
    lynnsmith312 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Insaneteabag, congrats on finishing your first day! I've been on the 5:2 diet for a little over a month and have been losing about 1 pound a day. Glad to have another FASTER!
  • Loddieconnor975
    Loddieconnor975 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Starting today
  • sujatha21
    sujatha21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Starting today!
  • 4manda76
    4manda76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    I've just started Jason Vale's 5:2, was my first fast day yesterday and my next tomorrow.
  • lizziedunkin
    lizziedunkin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started 5:2 3 years ago , I have pcos and have always struggled with my weight my weight got up to 19 stone last November I was at my lightest of 11.4 but I stopped fasting and stopped smoking and I've put just over a stone back on I'm 30 in December so looking to get to 10 and a half stone by then , first day back on the fasting today , feeling good hope I can keep it up because it's really the only thing along side exercise that works x
  • Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Dr suggested I try the plan of eating. I have PCOS which makes it super hard to loose.
  • jacqueline12463
    jacqueline12463 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Starting today ! I'm hoping this is going to help with the weight I've been putting on with starting menopause. My fast days will be Tuesday and Thursday. I set my calorie count to my TDEE and will change it to 500 on my fast days.
  • Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I calculated my TDEE it was over 2000 and to me that seems high.
  • qtcaro
    qtcaro Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Starting today!
  • rajk37
    rajk37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm starting tommorow and would love to know if there are any tips for me I really need to lose weight quick ! I want to be healthy for myself and my kids.
  • Mrspheob
    Mrspheob Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started today. Feeling very weak!! I'm doing Mondays and Thursdays so looking forward to normal food for the next 2 days. Need to lose 1.5 stone. Hopefully by may but I guess we'll see. Glad all x
  • emmahhjo
    emmahhjo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm doing 5:2 fasting and love it so far. My goal is 30 pounds, and I'm nearly 6 pounds down from my start date (last week).
  • mceidsness
    mceidsness Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello! I'm feeling enthusiastic about starting again. I did 5:2 for a period a couple years ago and feeling like it's time! I'm looking forward to the simplicity in the fast days!

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Is this group still going? I'm considering giving this a shot and would appreciate any tips or support. Please feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • andreada98507
    andreada98507 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just joined, and am looking for others who are doing intermittant fasting. I first started around two years ago, and that first year I lost 25 pounds. That was during the spring/summer, but I sort of hit a wall once the days got shorter, and over time, gained back 10 of those pounds. Now, I want to try again, and I'm also adding more exercise.

Oh, and I'm in my 60s, that time of life when losing weight and getting fit is significantly more difficult. But I'm determined to rise to the challenge!

I'd love to be part of an active group of intermittant dieters. I haven't quite figured out yet how mfp works...
  • plumeria50
    plumeria50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started 5:2 3 years ago , I have pcos and have always struggled with my weight my weight got up to 19 stone last November I was at my lightest of 11.4 but I stopped fasting and stopped smoking and I've put just over a stone back on I'm 30 in December so looking to get to 10 and a half stone by then , first day back on the fasting today , feeling good hope I can keep it up because it's really the only thing along side exercise that works x
    I just joined, and am looking for others who are doing intermittant fasting. I first started around two years ago, and that first year I lost 25 pounds. That was during the spring/summer, but I sort of hit a wall once the days got shorter, and over time, gained back 10 of those pounds. Now, I want to try again, and I'm also adding more exercise.

Oh, and I'm in my 60s, that time of life when losing weight and getting fit is significantly more difficult. But I'm determined to rise to the challenge!

I'd love to be part of an active group of intermittant dieters. I haven't quite figured out yet how mfp works...

• plumeria50
    plumeria50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just started the 5-2 diet. Yesterday was my first fast day. It was a bit of a challenge to stretch out my fasting time between the 2 meals. I need to plan better. I sleep late so my first meal was at 2:30pm and I couldn't hold out any later than 10pm. I only drank water in between meals. Today I felt good and not particularly hungry when I woke up. I had breakfast at 12 noon and dinner at 6 pm.. I ate a couple eggs with mushrooms and small amount of cheddar cheese and sausage. At dinner I ate a large salad with my ranch dressing and 2 oz. of steak. Part of my problem is that I need to stop eating when I am satisfied and not feel that I have to eat til it's all gone. Serving smaller portions even when I'm starving is what I'll have to strive for. Not sure if I'll eat anything before bed tonight. I sleep at 1 am so I probably should work on sleeping at 10 or 11 pm instead so I minimize the time of being without food. About a month ago I started on a ketogenic diet and lost 9 lbs.. I couldn't stick with the regimen of eating lots of green veggies, almost no carbs and some protein and fat. This diet seems to be much easier. I have about 15 more pounds to lose. I'm 65 years old and live in Northern California. For me, being older is okay. I can put all my focus on this lifestyle change since I am retired. Nice to meet you all.
  • DeniseLovesAvocados40
    Options
    I started the 5:2 WOE three weeks ago and found the first two weeks fairly easy if I planned my fast day on an extremely busy work day. I ran into trouble when I was home with a sick kid and had time to eat when I clearly didn't need to. I am on a fast day today and feel good. I lost 4 lbs in the first two weeks which was great as my body holds onto weight even when I up my exercise.
  • allijoy13
    allijoy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the Fast Metabolism Diet, but after a few rounds of this, I hope to try out 5:2. Looking to connect with folks doing the 5:2 diet!