last minute struggle!!

Options
Read and share if you had any meal problems today. Dont be shy! No judging!
My story: So today my body really freaked because i forgot to eat
before i made my last meal i drank 3 glasses of water
Waited 20 mins. Made my salad. Tried calming down and breathing.
A little more water and waited 10 more minutes!
I did scarf down my big salad. Lol! I still felt hungry but told myself i was full and am keeping
My water bottle by me. Downing it whenever i feel " hungry" in half an hour if im still hungry i will snack on an apple
A little proud of myself and feeling full already :)

Replies

• storknursekelly
    storknursekelly Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yay !!! You overcame your challenge!!! For me if I don't eat a little something every few hours I tend to get ravenous at night. It may help to up your fiber, it will make much less hungry, I try to get 40 grams a day. It seems like alot but it keeps me full. Great 1st day we can do this & the benefits are going to be amazing !!! Thanks again for putting this together ! :happy:
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sugar. I always want sugar at the end of meal. I've been trying to supplement that with fruit instead (still sugar, but at least its natural and good for me). So after dinner last night, I wanted nothing more than to eat my boyfriend's jelly beans or the chocolate chip cookies my sister had given me.

Instead... I ate half a banana, a tsp of honey, some walnuts, and some pumpkin pie spice. Killed that sugar craving, without overdoing it! Hell yeah!
  • missmimichan
    Options
    That sounds delicious!!!
  • nrz242
    nrz242 Posts: 76
    Options
    Minor cheat: my boyfriend wanted to go for a date - took me out to Taco Bell (because we're broke as hell lol) and I got the grilled chicken cantina bowl - I skipped the creamy vinaigrette dressing but couldn't pass up the guacamole, which I know has some processed sugar and preservatives in it - I'm also sure that the corn comes from a can but it was still a gluten free meal - its actually not a bad option as far as fast food goes. Don't think it could ever count toward "clean eating" but its a cheat I can live with. Congratulations to everyone who made it through the cravings! All the little successes build on each other and make it easier to succeed the next time temptation calls.
  • missmimichan
    Options
    You are doing great! There will be days when you need food fast but it's all about picking the best choice the healthiest.
    And for the low on funds I totally understand but you can def get a good amount of veges for $5 instead of.spending $5 at a fast food. Keep up your healthy habits :)
  • storknursekelly
    Options
    Tough day today, worked a very very long 12 hr plus shift, no breaks, hardly time to drink or pee & couldn't eat, no coverage. So basically came home & had to eat something before bed. Dislike days like today glad they come & go, can't wait for tomorrow so I can have a normal day again. Ate healthy but not enough.
  • missmimichan
    Options
    12 hours is very long did you pack any healthy snacks? Yeah I've been eating.g 5 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones but yesterday I didn't get a chance to spread them out I was out.most of the day. So today I have.another busy day ahead of me So right now I m baking 99% fat free chicken with taco seasonings. And I'll just pack that as one of my meals :)
  • storknursekelly
    Options
    I had all my food & snacks with me but we're not allowed to eat at the nurse's station & you have to have coverage to take a break to even eat. Today I got up at 6 am did my pool workout & just getting ready to have my breakfast :) Glad I don't have to work those 12 hr shifts full time anymore, it's too long for anyone to work & go without eating every few hours.
  • missmimichan
    Options
    Wow that's a little crazy. You should def try to eat a big breakfast and eat snacks whenever you can then when you get home eat 2 small meals apart from eachother.