Breaking out of the funk

Options
Sherryfood95
Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
Every once in a while I get in a funk where I just want to eat all the bad stuff nonstop. Nothing satisfies. Then I realize I'm trying to make myself happy at the time, or I'm bored. If only I could go there first. The only way out is to break the cycle, then I deal with whatever is bringing me down.

Replies

• FinntheVeggie
    FinntheVeggie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate to that! It happens to me most in January-February.
    Forums like these are often a big help to me, both because browsing them is a distraction and because it's helpful to feel that I'm not alone with these thoughts, and that other people are struggling to break that cycle and succeeding, therefore it is possible and I can do it too.
  • Sherryfood95
    Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When I catch myself, I state it's not going to make you happy or satisfied and shut the door. But so many times you mindlessly snack. If only I were always that rational.
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This is how I get out of my emotional binge moods. I ask myself "Is this going to make me feel better? Or are you going to feel bad about eating it?" If I say yes, I ask if it will help me obtain my goals. For the most part, the answer is no. And if I really want something after a few weeks, I will get it and enjoy in moderation. We bought donut holes from Dunkin Donuts after three weeks wanting some. I planned for them, and enjoyed them. :smile: It's about mental fortitude!
  • Stars2130
    Stars2130 Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I totally understand
  • Stars2130
    Stars2130 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ok my last post was cut off. What I meant to post was :
    I totally understand