To Keto or not to Keto

Options
MeganMcBane
MeganMcBane Posts: 54 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
First of all, thank you for allowing me to join this group! It seems like you all are enjoying this healthy lifestyle and that gives me hope. I've learned my lesson by posting in general groups because people love to comment and be rude and act like you just asked the dumbest question they've ever heard. Fustrating!

I've tried every diet out there LITERALLY EVERYTHING. The one thing that worked for me years ago was the Atkins diet. I lost 20lbs in 2 months. I was really discouraged when I started to gain the weight back but realize that I started gaining weight while in basic training (bootcamp) and had ZERO control over the amount of carbs I would eat.

So I decided to take on the low carb lifestlye again. When I started research the Atkins diet (I forgot some things) I started seeing the Ketos or lfhc or hflc diets. It seems to be a miracle worker! So I have been researching like CRAZY reading books, articles, and any information I could find. Some of the information matches, but some conflict which is fustrating.

I have a few concerns that I hope you could all help me address:

1. Can I really eat that much fat?
2. How will I truly know when I am in Ketos? Do I have to buy a monitor with strips and continue to test myself?
3. Some say the weight loss is slow, some say fast. Right now I need fast for motivation.
4. Is this something I can do long term? Will I ever be able to introduce carbs again? Can I ever have a slice of pizza (with the crust) again?

Some of this makes me nervous to try Ketos and just go back to Atkins. But I am intrigued by all of the healthy benifits that comes with Ketos over Atkins.

Please help! :-)

Replies

• Schmeggly80
    Schmeggly80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Check out Stephanie Keto Person on YouTube. She is a bit wacko but has a ton of good info that answers all of your questions and more.
  • Tanklan
    Tanklan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I find the fat intake is fairly easy to do, I start my day with two cups of coffee with heavy cream, so that's a big dose of fat right away. I eat dairy, like cheese, cream and butter. Avocados are another easy way to up your fat. And you can always make some fat bombs to through into your day if you are low. I don't test for ketosis, because I do Carb Nite Solution, where I eat ketogenic most of the time and then have one evening with a meal and dessert with carbs. Working for me and I enjoy it. I just started August 1st and have lost 8.8 lbs. so I'm happy with those results and I feel good.
  • Misspropa
    Misspropa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @Tanklan - what's the Carb Nite Solution?