I feel much better

Options
NewSue52
NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
I started this WOE on Aug 4 and can't believe how much better I feel. No more stomach aches, a notable increase in energy, and a positive outlook. And to make it even better, I lost 6 lbs. I thought that carbs might be my problem but since I loved them so much; it was hard to face. Now I know that they just aren't worth it.

I've also stopped all alcohol. I'm doing this in solidarity with my sweetie who can't drink while he takes some medication. I didn't drink much, just a couple of glasses of wine on the weekend. I found that it impacts my food decision making and causes me justify to myself all the poor choices.

I've been lurking around this group reading but not replying. I just wanted to thank everyone for the positive attitudes about low carb dieting and for all the really helpful information. It's really true that this is much easier when you share the trip with others.

Sue

Replies

• mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your successes so far, Sue!

Mary
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Way to go, keep it up ! I know this is the best WOL for me. Don't be shy to peek in and talk to us.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    You are off to a good start. My first two weeks of going low carb were the hardest for me. That was 10 months ago.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Wonderful start! This group of people have been an amazing resource for learning this woe and has changed my life! Keep hanging in there! Welcome and bring on the questions as needed! :smiley:
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your good start and welcome to the group. This forum has been a huge help for me too; they're a good bunch.