desperately seeking LC and low calorie bread recipe

Options
phxteach
phxteach Posts: 309 Member
I can find a lot of great looking recipes for low carb breads but their calorie content is around 170 per slice = problem. Chompie's deli sells a decent tasting LC bread (1 or 2 net) for 60 calories per slice but it is somewhat cost prohibitive ($6). It contains soy, wheat gluten, dough conditioner, flakes of grains. I am not picky about ingredients, however. Please, if you know a good recipe with less than 4 carbs and a decent calorie count, please, please, please share!! :)

Replies

• MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    this is one I usually use.
    http://www.yumdimsum.me/keto-bread/
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, MiamiDawn! Does yours look like a traditional loaf and able to get 16 slices? If yours does, then the calorie count for this recipe would be similar and a lot more cost effective.
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It's not the length of a regular loaf of bread (like wonderbread) - I make it in a loaf pan like you would use for meatloaf - it also doesn't rise too much above the pan - so the slices are not as tall as a regular loaf. The important part of the recipe is the whisking - the better it's aerated, the better it rises. If you try it, be warned that it is quite liquidy when you put it in the oven, but it bakes up nice - and it doesn't taste overly eggy either. I don't remember how many actual slices it makes.

I haven't tried many other recipes because this one is easy and serves the purpose - sometimes, I just want a piece of toast or a sandwich.