Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm Sharon. :smiley:

My goals:
    1. Continue to log every day.
    2. Average of at least 70,000 steps/week (~10,000/day).
    3. Not let work get in the way of my planned exercise for at least 4 out of 7 days/week.

Get caught up on last season of TWD before FTWD starts. :wink:
  • hthrbrngrd
    hthrbrngrd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, first time joining a challenge group, but this looks fun.
    My goals are: 1. stay under 1450 calories 6/7 days
    2. at least 10,000 steps per day
    3. boxing class at least 2x per week
  • davidvane
    davidvane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - this is my first time doing this. Have taught in the past, and have two daughters. Psyched for the challenge...

My three goals are:
    1.) log every day
    2.) stay within calorie goal 6/7 days
    3.) hit the gym 4 days a week.

Looking forward to it. Go teachers!

Dave
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Okay Guys, Girls and Undead, we're coming down to the start of the challenge.

The Horde will gather tomorrow and begin planning their first attacks: who/where/what. Their decisions will be based on the pilot episode and on the strengths and weaknesses they see in each team throughout this first week. Their attacks or challenges will be posted early next Monday, August 30th. Each team will have unique challenges to overcome and each individual MUST meet their own goals.

For this week, I will post the initial challenge after the show tonight and it will apply to ALL the teams, including the Horde.

It will be a basic Fit Test as well as a challenge video that is a favourite among past participants of out Walking Dead challenges. As always, please ask for alternatives if you have an injury and modify the workout to your fitness level. I will post again here when it is up. Questions?
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Members list should be up to date now if everyone wants to make sure they are on there and on the right team. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10234629/members-list-updated-weekly
  • SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This sounds like so much fun! And I've been looking forward to the new spin off. Hope it's not too late to join up with the teachers team.
    My name is Daisy, I'm a mom, 39 years old, working the close shift at taco bell, with another 50ish pounds to lose. Trying to get fit by 40.
    Weekly goals for this challenge would be:
    1. Stay under weekly net calorie goal
    2. Walk the dogs daily
    3. 3 days of pushup/squat/crunch challenge

SW is 203
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Just did part 1 of the challenge, the fitness test. Word of warning to my teammates, IMHO, part1and part 2 of this challenge should be done on separate days, ideally with a rest day in between. The fitness test requires squats with no weights till failure. Ouch! My thighs are buzzing two hours later. I seriously doubt I could get through the Sally squats video today. So don't wait till the last minute to get this done!
  • goldthistime
    Options
    PS Go Teachers!!!!
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the word of warning @goldthistime!! I have plans to do mine tomorrow!
    Btw...did I miss the introduction to the team leader? Not sure who it is
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    We're still getting our ducks in a row, but there's myself for the Horde and Sara Alexandre will be doing the First Responders. Other experienced Walking Dead Challenge leaders are tj1376, Angimom and DouMc who will all be able to answer your questions. I believe tj1376 will be leading the Teens. Not sure who you guys have but we'll figure it out, lol.
  • jcm9999
    jcm9999 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    jcm9999 wrote: »
    I'm a teacher now, and my students sometimes seem like zombies, so this should be cool...

Truth! Love this!! What level/subject do you teach?

I teach English at a community college. It's fun!
  • SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Gonna hit the fitness test today and then locate the dead body in my son's room.
    So, I was looking at my previous post, and I guess I just still feel fatter, cause my start weight is actually 193 lol. My head ain't made it to onederland yet.
  • goldthistime
    Options
    Rycbar_123 wrote: »
    Gonna hit the fitness test today and then locate the dead body in my son's room.
    So, I was looking at my previous post, and I guess I just still feel fatter, cause my start weight is actually 193 lol. My head ain't made it to onederland yet.

Did you find that dead body?

It's two days since the fitness test and my quads are still hurting! Who does squats to failure? :smile: Here are the results of my fitness test:

run/walk 1 mile: 14:23
    half pushups: 10
    squats: 90
    plank: 33s
    flexibility: -13

Going to try the squat video later today. Hope my quads don't break.

• goldthistime
    Options
    Ach mein Gott! I used an empty bar so I could feel like a champion (12.5lbs), and stayed with our German Adonis. Sorta. I had to choose between squatting on tip toes only to get down to where he did, or remain partially upright (see my miserable flexibility score above).
  • jcm9999
    jcm9999 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fitness challenge:

Walk: 19:15
    Half push-ups: 10
    Squats: 22
    Plank: 30 seconds
    Sit and reach: -1 inch
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Fitness challenge

Walk: 15.00
    Half Push-ups: 20
    Squats: 50
    Plank: 45 seconds
    Sit and Reach: +.5

I did the squat video but without weights and boy were my legs burning!
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA team. I had a huge business conference that happened to coincide with the first week of this challenge. Back home now though.
    To everyone who has joined since those first few days: Welcome!!
    I was so happy to get back and see that the teacher team had grown so much.
    I will get in on the challenge in the morning.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Mile: 11:18 (run)
    Full Pushups: 6
    Half Pushups: 17
    Squats: 110 (20 lbs)
    Plank:1 minute, 45 seconds
    Sit and Stretch: +8.75
    Bent Over Rows: (was feeling unbalanced--needed an upper body exercise :smiley: )
  • emmaleeannL
    emmaleeannL Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi team. I'm so sorry but I'll be joining the horde. I run 31 km this week and had a deficitbut didn't get to strength training or the challenges. First week back at school being a teacher in real life kinda exhausted me. See you on the flip side maybe?

BRAAIIINNNNNSSSSSSS.....