Day something of challenge something

Options
maoribadger
maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
I cant even remember where we are.

Weighing myself tomorrow and trying to get back on plan. First couple of days hard as its not payday til friday so subsisting on whatever I can afford to be totally honest. Hubby struggling similarly. Maybe get us both to weigh in tomorrow might motivate us

Doctor appt tomorrow. In a huge slump, possible rant coming her way. Had one at hubby tonight about feeling like crap and like am a crap parent and how much stuff purely doesnt seem worth it as I am just working and sleeping and existing. None of this probably makes sense

Sorry moaning aside Ive got 20 days to race for life so need to get myself picked up as Ive not been to gym in 2 weeks. Whats everyone else doing

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Sending you huge hugs. I'm mixed up myself lately too. getting my game back now.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Huge hugs Lise!!! I definitely understand feeling as though you are just going through the motions daily. I felt that way when I was severely depressed. Nothing at all seemed worth the effort of doing, yet, I had to do it all. No-one else would do it for me. Just know, we (you, me and Carly) have all been there and can relate to it. In one way, shape or form... We've been there. SO.... 20 days till the race for life. I can't remember what that is, explain it????

Carly, sorry you've been mixed-up lately. Does it have anything to do with the food choices made on Friday? Just wondering if you sent yourself into a mental tailspin with the food choices you made on Friday??

So, I am on day 4 of VLCHF. I'm LOVING this. I've had 2 egg whites and 2 polly o string cheese and am stuffed and that's since I woke up at 630am. I am really focusing on the signals from my body as to when I am hungry and haven't been overly hungry yet. Tonight I am stopping at the grocery store for some heavy whipping cream to throw my strawberries in to make them taste like the strawberries from strawberry shortcake. YUM!!!! Currently sitting at my desk with a couple cookbooks looking for some ideas for the food currently in the house.

I emailed Carly last night and explained that I even bought 72% cocoa from Ghiradelli. I ate one square. I didn't want more. It was enough to satisfy the urge for chocolate. I ate it so very slow. It must have taken 30 minutes to eat the whole square.

I do have a headache coming on, Carly- can that be attributed to VLC??

OK.... off to do some work in my calendar for this week. Hugs!!!
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Thanks guys.

So glad VLC is working for you Cari. Hopefully it will be exactly what you need to balance out your body a little.

I went back to my doc today and kinda blurted out loads of stuff without seeming to make any sense at all. She said I seemed depressed and I got my pants in a twist about the tiredness, bottom line is she thinks I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/M.E. Ive got to wait for an appointment at a clinic about it. Ive also got to go back to the mental health team to have my antidepressants adjusted. Both those will take weeks to sort but I suppose Im getting somewhere. Ive been reading a little about CFS and a lot of it does seem to fit me like my concentration probs, joint pains and difficulties with noise. Bit of an *kitten* its not something easily fixed like anaemia though. Ive also gotta have another diabetes glucose tolerance test. On the bright side I apparently have the blood pressure of a teenager and can come off my asthma inhalers as Im so well controlled.

Sorry Im not talking much about everyone elses stuff. Im a bit overwhlemed atm
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Huge hugs Lise!!! I definitely understand feeling as though you are just going through the motions daily. I felt that way when I was severely depressed. Nothing at all seemed worth the effort of doing, yet, I had to do it all. No-one else would do it for me. Just know, we (you, me and Carly) have all been there and can relate to it. In one way, shape or form... We've been there. SO.... 20 days till the race for life. I can't remember what that is, explain it????

Carly, sorry you've been mixed-up lately. Does it have anything to do with the food choices made on Friday? Just wondering if you sent yourself into a mental tailspin with the food choices you made on Friday??

So, I am on day 4 of VLCHF. I'm LOVING this. I've had 2 egg whites and 2 polly o string cheese and am stuffed and that's since I woke up at 630am. I am really focusing on the signals from my body as to when I am hungry and haven't been overly hungry yet. Tonight I am stopping at the grocery store for some heavy whipping cream to throw my strawberries in to make them taste like the strawberries from strawberry shortcake. YUM!!!! Currently sitting at my desk with a couple cookbooks looking for some ideas for the food currently in the house.

I emailed Carly last night and explained that I even bought 72% cocoa from Ghiradelli. I ate one square. I didn't want more. It was enough to satisfy the urge for chocolate. I ate it so very slow. It must have taken 30 minutes to eat the whole square.

I do have a headache coming on, Carly- can that be attributed to VLC??

OK.... off to do some work in my calendar for this week. Hugs!!!

Headache - yes - time for some sodium, and calcium/magnesium if you've got it. Usually broth or a pickle helps!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Thanks guys.

So glad VLC is working for you Cari. Hopefully it will be exactly what you need to balance out your body a little.

I went back to my doc today and kinda blurted out loads of stuff without seeming to make any sense at all. She said I seemed depressed and I got my pants in a twist about the tiredness, bottom line is she thinks I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/M.E. Ive got to wait for an appointment at a clinic about it. Ive also got to go back to the mental health team to have my antidepressants adjusted. Both those will take weeks to sort but I suppose Im getting somewhere. Ive been reading a little about CFS and a lot of it does seem to fit me like my concentration probs, joint pains and difficulties with noise. Bit of an *kitten* its not something easily fixed like anaemia though. Ive also gotta have another diabetes glucose tolerance test. On the bright side I apparently have the blood pressure of a teenager and can come off my asthma inhalers as Im so well controlled.

Sorry Im not talking much about everyone elses stuff. Im a bit overwhlemed atm

Girl, you are all good!! We've all been worried, not hearing as much from you... I know that cutting grains and sugars can really help with the joint issues - and concentration problems, too, now that I think on it. I hope you get a good med adjustment and some answers from the tests!!! With your job, you definitely need it.

HUGS
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    My being mixed up is in my head. I'm having all kinds of craving/trigger thoughts i haven't had in forever. So yes, having gone so far off plan (damned frosting) Thursday probably started this, but despite the annoying thoughts and feeling like a bottomless pit, I'm still on plan... Getting better each day. (hugs)
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Lise, no worries girlfriend! We definitely understand your struggles. I will admit, starting being carb free over the weekend was a blessing. Not at work near the vending machines or other various junk foods. I hope you get some relief soon.

Carly, YUCK frosting- poison, poison alert. I've told my folks, you're eating poison, it's going to kill you to get me away from the carbs. My mom's reply- gotta go sometime. Smarta$$.

I wish we could all feel awesome at the same time. Wish I could take this awesomeness and send it to both of you right now. I feel absolutely amazing right now. I never knew I could feel this good after only 3 days. Other than a slight headache. I think the slight headache has more to do with forgetting to take 2 doses of my antidepressant yesterday more than the sodium. Will know in a little while.

On another note, my poor calendar looks like a pencil just doodled all over the darn thing. I have 3 appointments Friday and stickies all over it with questions to ask different providers.

• KnitOrMiss
    Options
    For anyone who has noticed me referencing a new audiobook I'm currently listening to, I wanted to provide the reference. I was able to download this book for 14 days for free using "OverDrive" and the access provided to me by my local public library.
    Without further adieu:

Change Anything - The New Science of Personal Success
    By: Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, David Maxfield, Ron McMillan, and Al Switzler

I would love to hear if anyone loves this as much as I do! I'm hoping to get through it in the next few days, as it checks back in... If not, I'm hoping I can recheck it...
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Lise, no worries girlfriend! We definitely understand your struggles. I will admit, starting being carb free over the weekend was a blessing. Not at work near the vending machines or other various junk foods. I hope you get some relief soon.

Carly, YUCK frosting- poison, poison alert. I've told my folks, you're eating poison, it's going to kill you to get me away from the carbs. My mom's reply- gotta go sometime. Smarta$$.

I wish we could all feel awesome at the same time. Wish I could take this awesomeness and send it to both of you right now. I feel absolutely amazing right now. I never knew I could feel this good after only 3 days. Other than a slight headache. I think the slight headache has more to do with forgetting to take 2 doses of my antidepressant yesterday more than the sodium. Will know in a little while.

On another note, my poor calendar looks like a pencil just doodled all over the darn thing. I have 3 appointments Friday and stickies all over it with questions to ask different providers.

What kills me most, Cari, is that the slice of cake itself was in carb range for the upper end of my range, and I was feeling great eating around the icing - then I let myself be that (%#&#%&# garbage can and eat it, even though I didn't really want it... SIGH
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    AH, temptation got the best of you. Don't beat yourself up. Log it and you've moved on. I took note of the name of the book. I will get from the library soon. Sounds interesting.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Yeah, it was like instant crack. My whole body started tingling and I felt much like I imagine one feels on illegal drugs! OMG.
  • DoRoAnsMom
    DoRoAnsMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OK... fill me in... what is VLCHF?? Inquiring minds want to know! :)
  • carimiller7391
    edited August 2015
    Options
    :D Very low carb high fat.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    And the part we always leave out - MP - Moderate Protein...
  • maoribadger
    Options

If I'm honest I'm with your mom. Could be worse ways to go than through carbs. Glad it's working for you guys though

Am so very tired today and so much to do. Staying awake after nights as I have no childcare, house is a mess so needs.cleaning, kids need bathing, I'm gonna try and read some research too
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I'm sending energizing hugs!!!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Lise, sending you big hugs and lots of energy.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    FYI, I'm out of pocket this afternoon, court for my legal matter, trying not to stress, not working too well. :/
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Hope it's resolved quickly.for you honey. I've bathed kids. House still a mess
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Hope it's resolved quickly.for you honey. I've bathed kids. House still a mess

Something I learned when my daughter was young is that if something has to give, cleaning is at the top of the "later" list... (hugs)