Encouragement to fellow EMTWL

Options
bfitgirl
bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
Hi all,

I have been EMTWL since beginning of Feb (so so long ago! I feel)

Initially went up to TDEE-20% 1900 put on 5 kgs almost instantly! Panicked and went back to 1700 stayed there until my weight stablized somewhat and have crawled up to 1900 with another 300 calories to crawl upto to reach my calculated TDEE.

Today I went for my Bodyfat testing, not have this done since 4 weeks into upping calories so here are my stats;

Xmas Weight : 71.gkg Bodyfat: 17.4% Lean Mass: 59.1 kg

(Beginning Feb: started EMTWL calories from 1200 to 1900)

February 27: 74.9 kg Bodyfat: 18.9% Lean Mass: 60.7 kg

June 20: 78.9 kg Bodyfat: 20.8% Lean Mass: 62.5 kg

So overal an 7.9kg increase in bodyweight. Bodyfat up 3.4% Lean Mass up 3.4 kg....So fat is 4.5 kg :ohwell:

Things I've learnt:
LONG TERM Low calorie and low carbers - beware upping calories, do it SLOWLY this will allow your body to adjust to slight increases
If you've been following low calorie for some time, your BMR is certainly depressed hence taking your time and therefore your calculated TDEE is off, I going to find it when I start putting on weight again.
People at their goal weight and bodyfat - like I was need to be extra careful again, do you really want the BF% going up?
I do not feel like binge eating carbs anymore - such a release! Carbs are not the enemy, well some are but good starchy & fibrous carbs are now my friends :love:
I'm delighted that all that weight is not just fat, I've tried to stop panicking over the scale weight.
Hopefully when I do my cut at TDEE-20% I now won't be starving myself and I will be losing weight in an previously inconceivable calorie amount 1900 - Yipee!

So I'll be upping my calories again 100 this Sunday then again until 2300 then I'll be doing my cut to get rid of the 4.5kg fat. I know I had planned to be ripped by summer, however I'll have to be ripped for Xmas instead!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You are still at an athletic level of BF%.

Be prepared for your body to fight a deficit by adjusting.

You have narrow window or margin for error and still see results.

I'd suggest 20% is too much, at this point 10% is going to be more recommended, with better focus on lifting to gain LBM and drop fat at same time.
  • bfitgirl
    bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You are still at an athletic level of BF%.

Be prepared for your body to fight a deficit by adjusting.

You have narrow window or margin for error and still see results.

I'd suggest 20% is too much, at this point 10% is going to be more recommended, with better focus on lifting to gain LBM and drop fat at same time.

Thank you for the heads up, I guess I still have a little "low calorie/cut hard" mentality lurking around the brain.