Week 3 August 17th through August 24th.

Options
slimzandra
slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
Oh My. Where have I been? Last week was a busy week and didn't get to do my videos.
I did a lot of walking so I wasn't a complete couch potato.
Good news, is that I'm going to join a group at work. Should be interesting.
So I did today -17 Days. I like that it's really not that cumulative, so you can jump back in. I will probably go back and try a few that I missed if it is a short day. Today was a longer one.
I find looking at the computer screen isn't ideal.

I needed a Happiness Boost! It worked great. I'm back.

YOGA is for "EVERY BODY"
ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS WITH YOGA AT WORK
INVEST IN YOUR HEALTH
Reduce stress and create a sense of peace and calm within
FREE YOGA CLASSES Wednesday August 12 & 19 2pm
New Session Begins August 26th!!
* 19 weeks of YOGA August 26 - December 30 $247

"Yoga Flow"
Postures flow from one to another in breath synchronized movement.
A gently balanced series where form, movement and breath are
integrated into each other.
The benefit of this classes is that you will work
at your own point of fitness and ability
If you have never practiced yoga, this is the perfect opportunity to do so.
No experience is necessary...yoga is for "everyone"!
To reap the full benefits of a yoga practice all that is needed is a commitment to arriving to your yoga mat weekly.
With time, patience and practice your body will become stronger, and through breath awareness you will have a tool for managing stress in your everyday life.
Practicing "YOGA AT WORK" is both convenient and cost efficient
Studies support that when you practice "yoga at work" you are
more productive and better equipped to
navigate the challenges of your day!

Replies

• m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome that you're going to do yoga at work! We have yoga at my work as well but I'm only here two days a week and feel guilty participating on one of those days.

As for our videos, I am on day 16. Hopefully I'll hit the mat tonight. I should have yesterday because I had the time and I needed the stress relief after a full day with extended family and wedding planning. Just saying it now has me stressed! Ok - for sure hitting the mat tonight.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 12. Felt a little rusty at first but adjusted quickly, nice that it was a shorter one.

@slimzandra that sounds awesome. I would love if I worked somewhere that offered that. Very cool.

I too love that the program can kind of work at your own pace. It may take me two months to get through it lol but I'll get it done :smile:
  • m_puppy
    Options
    Maybe doing it a few times per week is more likely to turn it into a "habit" than everyday. Everyday isn't sustainable in the long run. Maybe our 3-4 days per week is just preparing us for what's more realistic.
  • slimzandra
    Options
    I'm hearing that. It was an ambitious goal to do yoga everyday. Although, I did today - Day 18! (yay!)

I skipped a few days, but will return..at some point.

I still have this idyllic notion of me, drinking my coffee then relaxing on the mat in the early morning, with the new day sun streaming in, and a cool breeze wisping in as I do some deep stretching, getting ready to calmly embrace the day. Feeling tranquil and at peace.
    Instead, I find myself waking up late, screaming at Tom to get this lunch ready, coming out of the shower dripping wet, unable to find a clean towel, throwing on some ill-fitting, uncomfortable outfit, grabbing my keys, wallet, phone.. and out the door I bolt. Stopping at Dunkins to get Tom something to eat and grabbing a coffee as I battle the traffic on my way in... Uggg....

• m_puppy
    Options
    Oh boy do I relate strongly to what you're saying. I have this idyllic image of what a Saturday morning in the summer looks like. It involves waking up when the air is still cool, going to a yoga class, walking out of the class all refreshed and relaxed and finishing it up with a coffee shop. The problem is that I never paint the image of what the rest of my day looks like. Even on Tuesdays when my instructor says "think of the kind of energy you would like to put out into the world when facing the rest of your day" I never seem to picture what real life is like. I think "positive energy. Relaxed energy. Calm energy. Soft energy." Then I come home to my family and I think "this isn't the family I pictured when I was on the mat!!!! That family was receptive to my positive, relaxed, calm, soft energy. Those people appreciated it. Those people did not steal my energy but rather benefited positively from the sunshine." Then I get told that I'm in a terrible mood and I want to yell, "I wasn't!!" Oops, that may have been too truthful.
  • slimzandra
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I did not do Adriene today. I'm going to the session that is being offered today at work. I am really nervous to be in a group today. Ugg. what if I look absurd? What if everyone else is in shape, can do the poses flawlessly? What if..

M_puppy I was listening to the lyrics from Talking Heads - Once in a lifetime, when I was reading your post. LOL
    Where are those people who do steal energy but rather benefit positively from the sunshine?

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
    And you may find yourself in another part of the world
    And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
    And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife
    And you may ask yourself
    Well...How did I get here?

Letting the days go by
    Let the water hold me down
    Letting the days go by
    Water flowing underground
    Into the blue again
    After the money's gone
    Once in a lifetime
    Water flowing underground

And you may ask yourself
    How do I work this?
    And you may ask yourself
    Where is that large automobile?
    And you may tell yourself
    This is not my beautiful house
    And you may tell yourself
    This is not my beautiful wife

Same as it ever was...
    Same as it ever was...
    Same as it ever was...

Water dissolving...and water removing
    There is water at the bottom of the ocean
    Under the water, carry the water at the bottom of the ocean
    Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean

And you may ask yourself
    What is that beautiful house?
    And you may ask yourself
    Where does that highway go to?
    And you may ask yourself
    Am I right?...Am I wrong?
    And you may say to yourself
    My God!...What have I done?!

Same as it ever was...
    Same as it ever was...
    Same as it ever was...
    Look where my hand was
    Time isn't holding us
    Time isn't after us
    Same as it ever was...
  • m_puppy
    Options
    Great song with an even better meaning. How did class go? I'm going to guess that it was awesome.
  • slimzandra
    Options
    OMG, I just got back from class. So cool. There was only one other person doing it today, so it was a really great starter class for me. I used the back wall for tree pose. She did a lot of very basic poses, so that was great.
    I was not sure whether to do it for the 19 weeks, but it's on Wednesday at 2, so I think I can break away for an hour a week. I am still shaky holding the poses, but I'm getting there. Ya hoo!
  • m_puppy
    Options
    Yes! I'm so happy you liked it!! I find the in person class is helpful to make sure my form is accurate. Our instructor gives tips on how to more easily accomplish certain poses. She also makes me feel better about the things I struggle with right now. There's a really good energy that comes from class. So glad you liked it.
  • m_puppy
    Options
    I just completed days 15 and 16. I'm almost an entire week behind! That's ok though. I'm enjoying this immensely and I'm happy to give myself an excuse to practice for more than 30 days.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I'm way behind too but I don't care I'm going to keep it up till I finish. Then find a new program or maybe do this one again
  • m_puppy
    Options
    For me that feels good in and of itself. No deadline. No "if I miss a day, I messed up the whole program." Just sticking with it and doing what feels good.
  • slimzandra
    Options
    It seems we are all in the same boat. The upside is that I am keeping at it! I had my zen moment this morning did Day 20 video today. I've skipped a few, but not beating myself up for it. my attitude is that I'm doing more than I would have had I not committed to a program for 30 days. So happy today despite the bad weather. I opened the doors and window and had that beautiful morning air! Great stretch, getting stronger!
    Have a great day!
  • m_puppy
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Has anyone tried Day 18 yet? I probably should have read through her description before doing it. I was disappointed but afterward I realized that I was only frustrated because it's not what I needed today. I needed slow stretching and restorative. 18 is only 21 minutes long but it's a lot of balance practice. I'm getting increasingly more frustrated at my inability to balance. My feet hurt a lot while balancing so I'm doing something wrong. I was feeling a lot of anxiety today so frustration wasn't helpful.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    i haven't gotten that far yet, i'll be doing 13 tonight I think. I have found that the balance stuff needs uber concentration and a clear mind. as soon as my mind starts to wander to something unrelated I lose my balance. I can literally only think about my breath going in and out if I want to be able to hold the pose.
  • m_puppy
    Options
    I struggled with my balancing in class today. Something is off. There's no reason I should be getting worse at balancing instead of better. In brighter news, I did get complimented on how good my downward facing dog has become.