Lunches

elismom408
elismom408 Posts: 12 Member
i need lunch ideas! I am a mostly stay at home mom with an 11 month old and a 7 year old in school. I am struggling with healthy lunch ideas that are quick and not a salad...

Replies

• Syleyna
    Syleyna Posts: 86 Member
    It really depends on your macros and calories :/ I like to make a big batch of beef bolognese sauce and then just reheat portions with wholemeal (or vegetable) pasta. I'll also dice up some chicken and season it with cajun. I generally do a few days worth of that aswell and just eat it cold. Also great to add to a salad ;)
    Toasted sandwiches are good, the cheese really fills you up so you only need one. My go-to was spinach, cheese, ham, tomato, and egg yolk.
  • Katlyen
    Katlyen Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2015
    Adding eggs to lunches helps me feel fuller so I tend to have a lot of breakfast burritos for lunch. Low carb tortillas with low fat cheese, scrambled eggs, and avocado are really yummy. I second the sandwiches. I make a lot of turkey, bacon and avocado toasted sandwiches as well. I eat a salads as a meal quite a bit though but, I usually bulk it up with 4-6 ounces of grilled chicken breast. I know that's probably not very helpful :/ I keep Individually frozen chicken breast tenders in my freezer so I can always pop out a few of those and roast up some squash or zucchini coins with balsamic vinegar and green beans.