Lipids

Options
Sajyana
Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
If we refer to dietary fat as lipids rather than fat, would it be easier for people to get their heads around eating more of them?

Replies

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think it makes them sound more unappetizing. We need a whole new name. Brain candy? Bacon? ;)
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    There aren't many nice sounding names for fat. Just googled synonyms for fat (noun - the synonyms for fat adjective are horrendous): the best I could come up with is "dietary abundance" because grease, tallow, blubber and lard make "fat" sound lovely!
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    because grease, tallow, blubber and lard make "fat" sound lovely!

HAHAHAHAH..I WISH I would have shocked my NP Urologist with the words.." yes I eat lard"….she blanched at the word "fats in LCHF description…and her eyes bugged out when I admitted eating butter.. so yea…let's shock them!
  • Sajyana
    Options
    The word fat has been demonised for so long. It's all about perception. Mmmmm.... Lard. Especially the bacon kind. ;)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    'Calorie dense foods' since fats have 2x the number of calories per pound? :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I had a high blubber intake day. It was great!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Remember "phat"? Pretty hot and tempting? That's bacon right there.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Remember "phat"? Pretty hot and tempting? That's bacon right there.

That's a good one!
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    How about "appetizing adipose?" o:)
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I think tallow sounds delicious, actually I know tallow is delicious. But, I also think bone marrow is delicious. My opinions are probably not reflective of the general population.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Medium chain triglycerides

I eat coconut oil as a dietary fat on purpose!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    lol. Valid point! I think Ima try it! Next time I explain my macros: 10% carbs, 25% protein and 65% lipids. :);):)
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I think tallow sounds delicious, actually I know tallow is delicious. But, I also think bone marrow is delicious. My opinions are probably not reflective of the general population.

I had beef bone marrow in Guadalajara once. Oh my heavens, it was one of the most delicious things I've ever tried. We were spreading it on tortillas like butter. I've been meaning to find out how to make it at home sometime.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I think you just buy marrow from the butchers ie get them to cut up some beef bones so you can get it out yourself - do you need to do something else to it? It's delicious on top of steak instead of butter.

I have just bought a slow cooker as have been eyeing up the beef shin in the butcher's and the lovely marrow-y goodness.
  • Schmeggly80
    Schmeggly80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... bone marrow... *drools*
  • Sajyana
    Options
    Yeah, bone marrow is delicious. Have to agree with that.