Are your calorie needs the same on LCHF?

Options
CJ_Holmes
CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
I know I will just have to wait and see what happens for me, but I am curious if in your experience LCHF has merely made it easier to limit calories by reducing cravings and increasing consistency, or if you actually feel like your body is running differently. Are most of you counting carbs AND calories? My main goal is blood sugar stability, but I am sure hoping I'll see some fat loss as well.

Replies

• ElkaMay
    ElkaMay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do watch calories, but now it seems I watch them to make sure I'm eating enough calories. I'm rarely hungry and have very few cravings.
  • lowrahbee85
    lowrahbee85 Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm back tot his diet for a second time. When I did it before, I found I was rarely hungry, and sometimes had a hard time meeting my calorie goals, as in I was often under my goal for the day. I am someone who eats when she is bored, tired, stressed, etc., so feeling full was a real help to me.
  • instaSHINOBI
    instaSHINOBI Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find it too easy to over-do caloric intake now actually. Sometimes it occurs because I can get 600-800 just from breakfast (3 eggs, bacon, sausage scramble) then I take it easy at lunch with a salad. Trying to get a minimum of 1200 calories so MFP doesn't complain that I'm starving myself (what if I feel full though?) but I gotta hold back so I don't go over 1500.
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    People who have done LCHF for a while used to tell just to keep my carbs below 50 grams a day and not worry about calories. That worked for a while, I lost 40 pounds and then I had a very long plateau. Now I keep my calories at 1200 a day in order to keep losing weight. I still need to lose another 90 pounds. I'm convinced you have to do what works for your body.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! Well, after a month I find that I certainly still need to watch my calories! I have gained a few pounds. But my blood sugar is so stable and my lifts have increased, so I'm willing to deal with it. I lowered my calorie target and just have to plan better.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Moonius..agree with you 100%…how long was your plateau in weeks?

I am surprised a man can do well on 1200 calories limit..I've pretty much come to the conclusion that 1450 calories is where I have "Trained" my body to function from previous diets, not losing now.....so I hate going lower and do not wish to have an adaptation to so few calories for life. … what are your macros?