Looking for LCHF Tips

Options
pennell12
pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
Hi all,

I am a Type 2 diabetic and have been attempting low carb for the past month along with adding exercise. My weight, at least on the scale has bounced around the same 4-5 lbs with no apparent net loss. I wonder if I need to go lower with carbs. I average about 60 per day.

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Calories are going to matter too if your goal is to lose weight. How have your blood sugars been?
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    when I started they were spiking pretty high if I ate sweets. Now they are in 200 to 155 range. Better than before nut still nit where they should be. I am eating about 1400 calories a day with a cheat here and there.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Take a look at diaries, that's a good way to get ideas. Ask questions. Find the foods you like on this WOE and enjoy them.
    For me the less carbs I ate the better my bs# got.
  • BNance509
    BNance509 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you are on facebook there are many pages that are low carb. Low Carb and losing it. A lot of people to talk with and information in the file section. Good luck!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If you want to lose weight, cut carbs. Go down to twenty grams a day, net, for two weeks. See what happens. You can cut calories if you want, but since you will likely cut fat since its most calorie dense, I find it counterproductive to count calories. You do not need to count calories at all to lose weight by cutting carbs (ie: old Atkins plan). Low fat while doing low carb can be pretty depressing.

Have you watched the youtube titled "Fathead"? Very informative re: weight loss, counting calories, and low fat diets. You should be able to watch it by clicking below.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqn-Xe_2iCw
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Definitely watch fathead. Very informative.
    And I would advise you to consider going without the "cheat here and there". You're only cheating yourself. There's lots of good food to eat that you don't need to think of as a cheat.
    Don't cheat yourself.