Any ironman

Options
walleyebob977
walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
I have been on MFP for some time now and have lost 100 lbs it all start with MFP and c25k. Last fall i ran my first half marathon, earlier this spring i ran my first full marathon july i did my first sprint tri august my 2 tri and few weeks ago my 3rd I know I'm on a roll but I got big dreams of doing a ironman and need help to keep the spark alive if you do ttriathlons or have ever thought about it send me a friend request lets motivate each other. wcct8b83nep8.jpg
mfp-

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Did my first sprint this past spring - in training for a half-Iron next spring.

:drinker:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i did my first sprint triathlon in 2012, and am doing my first half iron man next month!

one piece of advice i would give anyone is that this is a very long process. while going from couch to sprint tri isn't hard, and then going to the olympic distance isn't so bad, going to the 70.3 and the 140.6 distance is a big difference!! i honestly wish i had waited another year before doing my first half IM.

good luck with your races!
  • akyooper
    akyooper Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have done two half iron distances. I was at my lowest weight (as an adult) when I did my first one two years ago, and have gained about 20 lbs since then. I just did Lake Stevens 70.3 last weekend, and although it's a very tough course, I am sure the extra weight isn't making me any faster! (my time was about 35 minutes longer than two years ago). I am going to get back on the MFP wagon and try and shed the weight (plus some) before tackling that distance again. One thing to consider is that with the longer distances, there is a lot more time each week dedicated to training, so plan accordingly, and good luck!