Cheese addicts! and those that have given up dairy.

Options
carom
carom Posts: 188 Member
I am a complete cheese/dairy addict, and everyone I know, knows this about me. I have some sort of dairy at pretty much every meal and as a snack. Has anyone successfully cut right down on dairy (except butter) and seen an improvement in weight loss? Also, what do you replace it with?

Replies

• mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have done it in the past, and did find it made a big difference in weight loss. I, too, am a cheese-a-holic. The stuff is just sooo good, so easy, and the macros are usually perfect for LCHF.

When I did it before, it was because my babies were milk protein intolerant, would vomit and/or cry for hours if I ate or drank any dairy. (I was breastfeeding at the time.) That was sufficiently motivating for me to give it up.

I still don't drink milk, except in my coffee once a day.

In the past, I replaced a lot of dairy items with nuts, almond or coconut milk, avocados, seeds. Meat, eggs, fish. Asian food is often dairy-free.

Best of luck!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    P.S. Instead of butter, I would use olive or coconut oil, depending on what I was cooking. Or go with hard-boiled eggs instead of scrambled.
  • happymom221
    happymom221 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I only eat my most favorite food so I picked one cheese Blue. Most flavorful and biggest bang for the buck. I do eat pizza But gourmet wood fired pizza with very little cheese and my fave has Gorgonzola. No cheap pizza with crappy quality mozzarella.