7 Day Kickstart

JessUK98
JessUK98 Posts: 15 Member
Hello. I'm relatively new to the forum. I'm looking at starting the Body Revolution program next week. However I am a really fussy eater, and a lot of the stuff on the 7 day kick starter plan actually gives me a gag reflex (cucumber & tomato). Peppers don't make me gag, but the smell gives me a bad headache. I also don't like onions and don't enjoy salad (I like spinach & rocket, but things like iceberg lettuce again give me a gag reflex) Can you substitute stuff so long as it's not on the no list?

Any other fussy eaters managed with the plan? I could do with losing about a stone in weight. I don't like cake and don't eat chocolate and biscuits unless I'm given them so avoiding things like cakes, biscuits & crisps will be no problem. My Achilles heel(s) will be alcohol, pizza, pasta, bread and too much tea (I'm gradually cutting out the sugar in my tea). Also on the no list is fruit - I eat a lot of fruit, and currently have a load of apples, peaches, strawberries and bananas I'll have to much my way through before I start.

Any tips for substitutions etc appreciated.

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    When you say you like spinach are you saying you like it raw? If so, I'd just substitute all fresh, raw greens with what you like. And remember, it's only 7 days, not a lifelong commitment.

For me, I'd have to do something about the Salmon Lox and avacado. Not a fan of either one (although I love salmon just not a fan of lox). Any veggies you don't like in the soup you can probably just leave out but that will change the flavor, although it sounds like it will be a change for the better for you. I'd just suggest using common sense. If you don't have tomatoes and/or peppers, think about a food that will nutritionally be similar that you do like.

Or you could just skip the kickstart altogether. To be honest, I haven't made any effort to follow the meal plan because I've been having great success with the food plan that comes with 21 Day Fix. But the 7 Day Kickstart looks hoof, now that I've taken a closer look, and I just might want to give it a try. LOL!
  • JessUK98
    JessUK98 Posts: 15 Member
    I usually have spinach cooked, but raw I'm sure would be fine. I eat rocket raw (Mmm beef & rocket butties).
    I might do a meal plan this weekend where I substitute stuff then. I'm guessing it's not the end of the world if I don't follow the plan 100%, just so long as I avoid stuff on the NO list.
  • muppetfan13
    muppetfan13 Posts: 28 Member
    A lot of people don't even follow the diet plan and still have success. I did not follow the plan. Sure, my weight drop is slower, but I have other factors to deal with (PCOS and Hashimoto's), so I knew it would be an uphill battle no matter what I did. I set my weight loss to 1.5 lbs. per week and am almost always under my goal for the day (closer to the 2 lbs./week calorie goal), but I have only lost 6 lbs. in 5 weeks while doing this program. That's just my reality. Your mileage may vary. :smile: