It's working!!!!!

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
I didn't doubt all the awesome advice I was reading and getting myself on this thread, but to say I was totally skeptical it would work for me... well that was an understatement. I've been at the VLCHFMP for 7 days now. I'm in LOVE!! I'm RARELY hungry, trying new foods and just generally in love with this WOE. Since last Friday, I've lost 6lbs. Now I know it's water, but hey..seeing the scale head down...just what I needed. The first couple of days I ended up with a slight headache, so I hit up @knitormiss who said "get in more sodium", it went right away. I've also noticed some of the puffiness in my eyes is gone. Of all places, my eyes. Also noticed that my legs and feet aren't swelling nearly as much as they were. OH YEAH!!!!! All this after one week. I cannot imagine after 1 month. I'm so excited to see the changes.

Thank you to all those who have given advice or just commented on my post. It's been greatly appreciated and welcomed!!

Replies

• jennybird99
    jennybird99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Keep on keeping on!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Yay!!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hooray @carimiller! Water weight lost is still a load off; it definitely counts in my book. Way to rock your first week!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Thanks!!!!!
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    as one LC MD says "Why on earth would you WANT to carry 10-15 lbs of EXTRA water? "
    not me…when you think of it ….forcing the heart & body to pump excess water doesnt make sense. ( why they give diuretic 'water' pills' to stop it)
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Glad you're doing well so far. Awesome work. Keep it up!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy you made it! It's so worth it to get to this point! Your choice to stick with it and make the best choices have gotten you to a place you only ever heard about, but now you know it for you too! Woo Hoo! :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Keep it up!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I'm glad it is working for you!
  • fantasticelastic
    fantasticelastic Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good woman. Keep up the good work :)
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the positivity.... Much appreciated. I am sooooo enjoying this WOE. After 1 week 2 days, I feel amazing, and the puffiness in my eyes has gone away. YEAH!!!!!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Now if I could get my eye puffiness to go away too......
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,057 Member
    Options
    Keep it up Cari! It is now going to be much easier for you to stick with this !
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    True, it's like you made it to the summit. You still have to choose, but it's sooooo much easier to make the choice to remain there!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    This is so awesome. Wish I had done this before having RNY surgery.
  • spacetastic
    spacetastic Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi new on here, what does VLCHFMP mean please? :/
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    very low carb, high fat, moderate protein -- an obscure way of saying "Atkins induction phase." :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Very Low Carb High Fat Moderate Protein

Usually ends up as:
    5% or less carbs, 75-80% fats, 15-20% protein (make sure to get enough to support your current muscles!!)

OR

20 grams or less carbs, usually 80-120 grams protein, fats to satiety.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Me too @carimiller7391, me too!