Help I'm on a downward spiral

Options
Rheameg
Rheameg Posts: 71 Member
I've slowly been declining but this last week I've just been eating everything. It's awful...maid rites, fried cheese, pizza, 1000 calories here and there. I can't stop. I've been in a horrible mood and all i want is food. Crying as I type this.

Replies

• FoodLoveGirl
    FoodLoveGirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Has something recent happened to make you feel so bad? Can you recall the trigger point? Why all of sudden? Food is our go-to the way alcohol is for alcoholics - you have to go back and first identify what it was that made you feel out of control and upset -what set you off?
  • Rheameg
    Rheameg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I know what caused it. Money problems. I got a huge bill and let go from my second job a couple hours later.
  • rfernwj
    rfernwj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OMG, I can so relate to this. I got a notice from the bank saying my account was overdrawn recently and it triggered a three day junk food-a-thon. I finally ate a green salad (that was absolutely not what I was in the mood for) and went for a short run. That did the trick. It was like hitting the reset button.

Financial anxiety and fear about the future, that makes me want to disappear into the bed with food. I'm sorry you are going through this. You are not alone.
  • crystaldancing69
    crystaldancing69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and start again. It's not what we eat during our binges, it's how we eat long term. I know I have the tendency to rationalize and say, "Forget it!" And off I go into happy food land, happy for those sweet minutes of indulgence, and then way back down...now I feel guilty as well...Just let it go, dust off, and start again. Log it all, even the screw ups....oh that reminds me, I need to go log the cookies and the cocoa pops I ate last night...ugh! We ALL slip up, that's why we are here for each other...
  • ahealthiercara
    ahealthiercara Posts: 139 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'll share what helped me a whole lot with my emotional eating - EFT. It looks like hocus pocus but it really did work, and its free, so why not try it?

Catherine Garceau wound up being one of my favorite EFT practitioners, here's her intro to EFT video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94uTdQnvvNQ

And this one was amazing for me in terms of dealing with binge eating, especially in secret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQimlcSgZ5Y

I hope they help!

edited to add that i am not affiliated with her in any way, i just like her!
  • Sherryfood95
    Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I did that with cookie baking after I lost my job. Don't give up even if it's not working today. You will eventually dig yourself out. Try adding walks outside, bicycle anything that will keep you away from food. If you can skip dinner you will wake with more determination than depriving throughout the day.
  • gayle206
    gayle206 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I sometimes see no reason to stop eating sweets. It's an activity, a tranquilizer, and friend. I know it is really my enemy. But, I was a very active person w a good job in up to 09. Lost the job n ended up not able to work since , had a nervous breakdown. I felt that job was my identity being in medical field. So since that time put on 60#. I need to lose weight to get my physical issues taken care of. It's a vicious circle. That I can't seem to break. I also have fibromyalgia. But w the additional weight I need to lose 100+. I have tried everything. Most days I start over. I gain ground then lose it again. I am in my early 60's. Never planned to live this way. Just needed a place to vent. Thanks for anyone listening.
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The support on here is wonderful to see. Thank you for sharing as well. It is good to know I am not the only one who struggles to replace emotional eating with healthy coping skills.