The importance of pictures

Options
auntstephie321
auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
I've been frustrated lately. I don't have a lot more to lose and keep bouncing between 147-151 since June. I don't eat at a large deficit as I'm trying to re build much of the muscle I have lost over the years.

I decided to do a comparison photo of me in June and me today. The before photo is actually my after photo from losing 30 lbs. I know there isn't a drastic difference but without having the previous photo I would be really frustrated thinking nothing has changed in two months.

y5g83qy2ssnt.jpg

ETA: I should probably start smiling in these photos lol

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Wow, yes, you look more trim even though the actual weight isn't different. Way to recomp!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    You got younger!!!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Nice! You look more formidable now -- like you're ready to kick some butt. :)
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Great post! I've had similar frustrations with weight stalling... Now I'm tempted to retake photos.

Your face is noticeably thinner, hips too I think.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Definitely smile (also, glance at your phone image, then look into your own eyes in the mirror while you take the photo - it puts your face and neck into a better perspective you don't end up with a double chin and bags under your eyes from looking down & off to the side) B) Nice recomp, BTW
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your body definitely recomp'ed in the right way! There's a major difference between these two photos. Keep up the amazing work! And yes, I agree, you look younger.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Fat being 3x the volume of muscle swapping 4 pounds of muscle for fat looks dramatic!!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see the difference! You're looking great!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Thank you all. The more I look at it the more difference I see. I didn't realize my face looked thinner too.

I tried doing the pic looking at the mirror, it looked weird to me lol.

So any of you who don't have true before pics, take one now :)
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I see the difference!! And I totally agree about taking pictures.Comparing photos is wjat kept me motivated in the beginning of this journey. I couldn't tell by looking in the mirror.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thank you all. The more I look at it the more difference I see. I didn't realize my face looked thinner too.

I tried doing the pic looking at the mirror, it looked weird to me lol.

So any of you who don't have true before pics, take one now :)

Don't look at the mirror. Look at the place on the mirror that angles back to the camera, so you're smiling at the stop on the mirror where the camera is. It allows it to look more full on....

EDITED TO ADD: I'm tempted to go take more pics now, too, because I've been in a similar loop as you, but my clothes are mostly the same. I'm wondering if I could see differences...but then again, I don't remember the last time I took real pics...
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss I think it's important to take weekly pictures even if you don't feel like you've lost inches/weight (when your in weightloss/toning mode). I do mine in a bathing suit and it takes side by side comparison for me to see the subtle differences. Keto has a weird way of constantly recomping the body. Today I gained 3 lbs, but lost 3.5 inches in measurements. Honestly being as heavy as I am, others can't see the difference, and I can't either until I take the pictures/measurements. Noticed today that my ankle to calf is a straight slender line. I can't stop staring and running my hand over it to make sure it's not an optical illusion.
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've been frustrated lately. I don't have a lot more to lose and keep bouncing between 147-151 since June. I don't eat at a large deficit as I'm trying to re build much of the muscle I have lost over the years.

I decided to do a comparison photo of me in June and me today. The before photo is actually my after photo from losing 30 lbs. I know there isn't a drastic difference but without having the previous photo I would be really frustrated thinking nothing has changed in two months.

y5g83qy2ssnt.jpg

ETA: I should probably start smiling in these photos lol

You look very trim in Photo #2 Congrats!!

• auntstephie321
    Options
    thank you all. I feel so much more motivated to finish this now than I was for a while.

i'll have to practice taking selfies to get it just right, I'm not extremely photogenic as it is
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    mcpostelle wrote: »
    @KnitOrMiss I think it's important to take weekly pictures even if you don't feel like you've lost inches/weight (when your in weightloss/toning mode). I do mine in a bathing suit and it takes side by side comparison for me to see the subtle differences. Keto has a weird way of constantly recomping the body. Today I gained 3 lbs, but lost 3.5 inches in measurements. Honestly being as heavy as I am, others can't see the difference, and I can't either until I take the pictures/measurements. Noticed today that my ankle to calf is a straight slender line. I can't stop staring and running my hand over it to make sure it's not an optical illusion.

I don't have a good clean "background" for any pics, and my fiance would rather the under threat of death than help me take pictures, but my full length mirror is on a swivel, so I'll see if I can angle it to a clean wall. I have a few pictures here or there at random, but none in bathing suit/work out gear in a while... I know my body has done a lot in the last year... I just don't have good comparison pics, because most I can take myself don't got down past my bust. LOL
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    thank you all. I feel so much more motivated to finish this now than I was for a while.

i'll have to practice taking selfies to get it just right, I'm not extremely photogenic as it is

Bah humbug, Steph... Seriously? We need to work on your self image. You're a very attractive woman - and your form change is amazing. Quit being so down on yourself. If you could see yourself through our eyes instead of your own, I think you'd be utterly shocked!!! <3 yourself.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

Bah humbug, Steph... Seriously? We need to work on your self image. You're a very attractive woman - and your form change is amazing. Quit being so down on yourself. If you could see yourself through our eyes instead of your own, I think you'd be utterly shocked!!! <3 yourself.

You are so sweet knit.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Ugh that didn't post my full response
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thank you, but not necessary. I think we all view ourselves a bit harsher than our own realities! (hugs)

Sometimes we ALL need that kick in the backside reminder. LOL
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I think you both are really cool and doing and looking great! So many transformations here! Yea!!