Product Tweaks to Improve Flavor and Texture

niqui140
niqui140 Posts: 14 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
If you don't like the thick consistency of the puddings...
Mix 1 pkg of pudding with 1 pkg of another beverage; split into two equal parts; shake one for now and one for later. Some of my favorite combos with Vanilla Pudding are Chocolate or Vanilla w/ Fiber and Apricot/Pineapple. Some of my favorite combos with Chocolate Pudding are Vanilla w/ Fiber, Mocha and Chocolate. I do not like the Strawberry at all, but I mixed it with the Lemon Pudding and found that I could actually tolerate drinking it this way. The Lemon seems to mask the chemical taste of the Strawberry that I don't like. I plan to mix the Strawberry with a Chocolate Pudding to see if that also works.
These combos make a thick creamy shake with the consistency of a smoothie. You could also blend in crushed ice.

Other blends and enhancements I like for variety...
Apricot/Pineapple + Vanilla Fiber
Apricot/Pineapple blended with a little water at first then topped off with club soda (Stir the soda into mixture.)
Vanilla or Chocolate with 2 Tbsps. of PB2 - powdered peanut butter (This only adds 45 calories, which never puts me over my 1000 cal./day limit.)
Vanilla with nutmeg, cinnamon and/or cardamom (These spices work with chocolate flavors too.)
Vanilla with amaretto extract
Vanilla with 1 tsp juice +1 tsp zest from a fresh orange, lemon or lime (I haven't tried this with grapefruit yet, but that might be good too)
Hot Chocolate with cinnamon and chili powder
Chocolate with hazelnut extract (or any other nut flavored extract)
Hot Chocolate with mint
Broccoli cheese soup + 1/2 cup steamed broccoli (also minimal extra calories)
Broccoli cheese soup + lots of lemon pepper or curry powder
Creamy Chicken soup + your favorite salt-free herb blend
Creamy Chicken soup + 1 tsp. chopped scallions or chives

I tried mixing both soups together to improve the flavor of the Broccoli Cheese soup but that didn't work for me.