Just a few questions...

Options
rachpetersen
rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
To do this program do you need a gym? Like what types of weights/machines do you need access to in order to complete the full program? I am interested in doing it but have limited access to a full gym as I live in a very small town. Also how long is the program? Or does that depend on how fast you personally progress? Is there a time limit for each stage? Thanks!

Replies

• mmoister79
    mmoister79 Posts: 20
    Options
    I do the workout at home. I have a bench, barbell w/weights and a few sets of adjustable dumbbells. I also have a swiss ball. I use the stairs and platforms in my house for any moves requiring a step. Granted, I am only on Stage 2 but I haven't had many issues. I am in the process of building a squat rack because I couldn't progress past a certain weight on squats, but that won't stop me! The book offers a lot of home-gym alternatives.
  • rachpetersen
    Options
    anyone else have some advice? tips? I know next to nothing about lifting weights...is that an issue or will it explain it all to me?
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same as the above poster as I work out at home too.

If you have the book it explains all the moves and at home variations. The full nrolfw program is approx 6 months long
  • rachpetersen
    Options
    wow 6 months is a long time!! How many days a week are you supposed to lift? How long does each lifting session take? I'm just wondering if I will be able to work it into my crazy hospital shift work schedule!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do is buy the book or order from your library if you haven't already. It's a really great read and will answer all your questions. I really think it's the best place to start if you've never lifted. I didn't know what a barbell was until I started this program and I had great results. Hope you join us soon!