Isopure drinks, side effects?

Options
rats2010
rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
I am in the beginning stages of getting surgery approval and tried an Isopure Alpine Punch protein drink today.. just half, and it is having EXPLOSIVE results. Literally. Sorry if it's TMI but has anyone else had this effect? I tried a drink to see how things would go before buying powder in bulk.

Replies

• ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I buy the unflavored powder and no effects. Maybe it's the sweetener in the punch?
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Not really. Being on the protein powders have me the total opposite problem
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Some people are more sensitive to the artificial sweeteners than others. I'll echo the suggestion for trying an unflavored powder, my favorite is Musclegen Genepro powder from Amazon. I seriously put it in anything liquid- coffee, juice, soups, etc and it is my #1 post surgery trick.
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking isopure zerocarb for the lady 4 weeks and I haven't experienced anything like that. Everyone is different. Maybe give it a week and try it again. Maybe you have something going on in your stomach right now. If it does the same thing, you know it's the drink.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Some of my literature from my Dr says the process often pushes people into lactose intolerance. So I would see if that is part of the issue. Also, I hated the Bariatric Advantage protein mix so much I think at this point I'd gag if I had to have it. I did follow advice and went to Amazon and ordered the unflavored protein powder that works for hot/cold. I'm waiting for that delivery. That might be a substitute for you.
  • kimberleei1
    kimberleei1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I found out I'm allergic to whey protein; so no more isopure for me!